Job description / Role
Do you have a heart to serve and love being part of a team? Stewarding Manager is responsible for supervising the Stewarding Department to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while supporting the overall Back of House operations.you will assist in the execution of memorable Food & Beverage experiences for our guests.
What is in it for you:
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Ensure all banquet event orders are reviewed and ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in chinasilverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines
- Work closely with the Chef and Director of Food & Beverage to anticipate guest needs
- Order and control all inventory of cleaning compounds
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in the same position is required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Organized and a great team player
- Passionate about maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.