Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Stewarding Shift Leader, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet21
What you will be doing:
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees
- Supervise the consumption of all stewarding chemicals on a daily basis
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene, as well as the quality level of product and services
- Ensure that all stewarding employees follow safety instructions whilst cleaning machinery
- Conduct regular checks to ensure that service and kitchen operating equipment is properly cleaned
- Control and document all outgoing equipment and ensure the proper receiving upon return
- Participate in the monthly and annual inventory and prepare payroll related documents, prior to their submission to the Department Head
- Attend all regular Food & Beverage department meetings and conduct at least one monthly meeting with Stewarding employees to ensure open communication flow amongst the team
- Assure that the emergency exits are always in clean condition and absolutely free of any obstacle and the exit door is easy to open from inside.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
Your experience and skills include:
- Preferably with previous experience but not required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.