Job description / Role
Your main role is to assist the Chief Steward to operate the Stewarding Department. Help maintain a safe and positive working environment and keep the highest standards of sanitation.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure a safe and productive operation.
- Assure compliance with Ajman Health Department standards.
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen, storerooms, and hallways, loading dock, Kitchen and Service equipment.
- Must assist in the training of all stewarding duties.
- Ensuring proper communication / handover is done between shifts and between leaders using logbook, emails to ensure smooth operations.
- Check Banquet Event Orders(BEO) / Restaurant Event Orders (REO) - see what set ups are needed to be done on shifts for banquets and restaurants
- Assist in re-assigning colleagues during shift to areas of need.
- Assist in controlling stocks for daily use in the department (cleaning products, mop heads, etc).
- Perform daily checks on staffing level, quality control, maintenance and Cleanliness
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.