This position is closed or expired.
See other Network Admin jobs
Job Title: Storage Administrator
Storage Administrator acts as a member of the Operations team and is responsible for a complex Petabyte scale, heterogeneous storage environment, including storage area networks (SAN), network attached storage (NAS), associated management software that underlies mission critical product suites.
Administrator will utilize knowledge and relevant practical experience and exercise judgment in completing assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
Tasked by Storage Systems Leader to create new and update existing policies and procedures.
Works on projects and provides input to delivery schedules; normally receives basic instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
Receives schedules and work assignments from Storage Systems Leader who reviews adherence to operational procedures and overall project fitness and quality standards. Maintains delivery of overall department objectives and project goals.
- Services user Requests for storage according to established procedures.
- Leads incident response on storage hardware.
- Performs storage systems maintenance according to established procedures and provides input to new procedures where none exist.
- Applies demonstrated experience and knowledge gained from executing large system projects in broader areas of assignments and company operating procedures.
- Accomplishes tasks and projects within defined time lines and in a professional manner.
-Provide primary storage administrator functions for storage environment. Duties encompass a full range of disk space and i/o management support and troubleshooting areas.
- Performs client host configuration and maintains best practices.
- Maintains and monitors a backup schedule according to policy and design, restores and recovers data.
- Performs support of production and development SAN and NAS systems, including diagnosis and response to capacity, availability and performance related issues;
- Provides clear, concise and complete operational change communication and appropriate problem notification/escalation communication according to established procedures.
- Provides input to root cause problem analysis along with recommendations and implementations of preventive techniques.
- Update documents, RAID group assignments, LUN assignments, host configurations and performs switch zoning.
- Administration of the backup systems, and update backup policies as required.
- Participate in implementing data replication and disaster recovery plans, methods, and techniques and testing.
- Proactively monitors and manages SAN and server disk space and i/o utilization.
- Continually researches, learns and acquires new knowledge to improve operational services.
- Apply policies and configurations around capacity management, performance management and availability management.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions regarding policy and procedural changes to improve operational integrity and service delivery.
- Communicates technical issues within scope of assignments to management and peers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS degree or equivalent in computer science or equivalent experience with some previous storage administration experience; with total extensive experience.
- Ability to work under pressure, to solve technical problems quickly (minutes or hours), and to automate processes and solutions using available tools, and to develop in house tools where necessary.
- Experience working in large, business critical production support environments required; Hands on experience in technical infrastructure operations required.
- Knowledge of storage and recovery management principles and techniques is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Snapshotting and Cloning technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of and facility with Solaris Operating system is required.
- Experience with EMC equipment and software is required.
- Experience and facility with Navisphere Manager and Navisphere Analyzer is required.
- Experience with iSCSI and/or infiniband preferred
- Experience implementing replication techniques for EMC SAN is preferred.
- Experience with replication over WAN is preferred.
- Knowledge of project methodology and process is preferred.
- Experience with NetBackup is required, preferred to be certified.
About the Company
Part of the MRL Group, MRL Technology places candidates at all levels of the IT spectrum from developer through to CIO into a broad range of industries. We also have a specialist division placing candidates into commercial and senior-level roles within the software, Telco, media, networking and IT sectors.