Job description / Role
CNS, a Ghobash group company is now looking for a Storage & Backup Administration
• Monitoring and ensuring replication between sites.
• Maintaining Brocade SAN Fabric.
• To identify and troubleshoot Storage related issues.
• Developing procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime and data protection.
• Monitoring and managing Veritas and Media Access Nodes.
• Configuring VM, Exchange 2010, SQL backups in Veritas.
• Configuring, Monitoring and troubleshooting Veritas backups.
• Configuring NDMP backups.
• Configuring and troubleshooting Tape libraries.
• Performing VM, SQL, Exchange and file system restores.
• Restoring User, System and database as and when required.
• Performing Backup media management.
• Facilitate data use and new applications for optimized information sharing
• Offer scalable and flexible capacity to keep pace with exploding data demand
• Protect business-critical information with high availability, security, reliability, and disaster recovery
• Clients approach to storage management services includes:
• Preparation and initialization of IBM storage devices and management of storage space
• Backup and recovery of data files
• SAN storage replication/synchronization data integrity check
• Disk space Monitoring and adding and removing disks
• RAID and Mirroring administration
• Fiber Switch Monitoring
• Problem management
• Supplier/ vendor communication
• Performing incremental backups
• Maintaining relevant documentation that accurately reflects current processes
• Retaining versions of the database file (flat file)
• Retaining versions of non-database changed files
• Retaining versions of deleted files
• Executing the backup process in a way that avoids disruption of clients operations including performing it during off hours or using tools that avoid disruption of production
• Developing, in collaboration with clients, a plan for recovering data lost during an unplanned failure
Candidate Qualifications & Experience
• BSc in Computer Application, Electronics/Computer Engineer or related field.
• Minimum 8-10 year of experience in Storage and Backup administration
• Good knowledge of overall infrastructure technical knowledge & troubleshooting methodologies
• Strong Trouble shooting skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
Incepted in the late 70's, Ghobash Group has become one of the resilient business conglomerates in UAE. The privately-owned group has expanded to geographies across the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Europe through its diversified business arms.
Focused on growth through value-creation, Ghobash Group has advanced with successful milestones over the years in its business industries: Technology, Chemicals, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Water, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Trading and Real Estate.
CNS, GCG Office Imaging, Tawazon Chemical, E&I Emirates, GCG Engineering Services, Arabian Ethicals, Ataya Fashion, Prime Hospitality, and Makeen Properties. The Group has also formed Joint Ventures over the years such as Sahara Center sustaining its momentum of successful milestones throughout the years.
Sustainability, innovation, diversification, and ownership are amongst the key values the Group has been practicing for decades. Working with partners, who share the same values, the Group has added value throughout the years through profitable investment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
In depth experience, combined with a granular knowledge of the regional economy, enables Ghobash Group to identify, and provide access to the best business opportunities across the region.
Committed to diversified growth, Ghobash Group is headquartered in the United Arab Emirates and services through its offices and factories in Saudi Arabia, Oman, India, Iraq, and Africa.
The Group values its people as family and its customers as long term partners. Embracing excellence yet keeping it personal is a key strength of the Group which is a characteristic that has not faded since its inception.
Driving success through its people and partners, with its diverse business arm, Ghobash group aims to continue to grow adding value with every opportunity, every transaction, every employee life, every partner business, every community across varied geographies.
Together we make a difference.