Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Store Director - Dolce & Gabbana Flagship
As a Store Director, you will be responsible for maximizing the commercial performance of the retail store and deliver exceptional Guest Experience. You will also be responsible for establishing a bridge between back-office and the store under their supervision. The Store Director is mandated to conduct continuous audits and implement corrective solutions and actions.
What you will do:
• Follow all relevant Retail policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Provide subject matter expertise in the field
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of team members to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
Guest Experience Focus:
• Train and coach shop floor employees in customer service excellence and verify training are provided
• Ensure that customer service is executed in store as per Group's guidelines
• Put in place a plan of contacts of customers for the store, review them with Area Manager during visits and ensure execution
Gross Margin Achievement:
• Ensure monthly execution of top line and gross margin targets & individual contribution
• Provide insights to Area Manager to prepare his monthly detailed feedback on store top line achievements
• Help Area Manager preparing her/his reports to RSM on top line assumptions
• Provide relevant qualitative feedbacks to Area Manager to prepare her/his report on store top line budget to RSM (e.g. performance of brand, category, SKU and detailed information on historical sales and store customers)
• Ensure in-store product training for sales executives
• Coach sales executives on products and ensure alignment with instructions from Area Managers and Back-office
• Ensure adequate staffing of stores at all time
• Perform roster and ensure that stores have adequate number of staff at all time
• Escalate immediately issues of staffing to Area Manager, especially through daily SORT
• Prepare monthly action plan
• Ensure Sales team is motivated
• Ensure sales targets are achieved; set milestones if necessary
• Monitor proper execution of non-sales related transactions in POS / SIMS systems
• Monitor that POS opening/closing is always properly performed
• Inspire the team and provide continuous guidance and mentorship in order to create a performance-driven culture
• Drive the process of effective manpower planning, recruitment, training and development and ensure high level of employee engagement and motivation in the workplace
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content. More specifically, we would like to hear from you if you can say yes to the below:
• Minimum of 6 years experience in Luxury Fashion and 3 years managing a team and store
• Strong business acumen and knowledge of e-commerce
• Understanding of the luxury retail market, including trends and directions
• Customer Experience Management and influencing skills
• Passionate about people with the ability to lead a team and drive their performance and development
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.