Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Based on our deep understanding and our presence in the region for over 60 years, we have identified gaps and opportunities allowing us to create innovative concepts, foster strong partnerships, and build successful brands allowing us today to enter in new ventures; our latest partnership is focused on the next generation of retail, they are b8ta!
b8ta is a new company created to fix an old problem brick-and-mortar retail. Our mission is to make retail accessible for all. We believe when makers have easy, direct access to physical retail, customers will in turn have unbiased access to what the world is creating.
As a technology company building a better retail stores and software for the world's most innovative brands, our team is full of extraordinary thinkers, creators, builders, early adopters, and rule-breakers. We're headquartered in San Francisco with multiple flagship and small format stores across the US - and we're just getting started. Think you can help change retail? We'd love to meet you!
What we are looking for: Store General Manager
We're seeking an experienced general manager to take ownership of our upcoming and first Dubai, UAE store. Are you passionate about technology and emerging consumer hardware trends and would consider yourself an "early adopter." Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and have created world-class retail experiences?
We're focused on user experience both for our visitors and our product makers. Thus, we are looking for a general manager who has an unrelenting desire to make sure every visitor has a seamless and satisfying experience with products, our displays, and staff.
What you will do:
- Deliver a world-class customer experience designed to build customer loyalty
- Motivate and coach team members and managers to achieve store goals
- Maintain positive relationships with third-party vendors and maker partners
- Maintain excellence in day-to-day operations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with leaders and corporate partners
- Ensure the highest level of customer service
- Manage store P&L within budget and maximize profitability
- Ensure store policies and procedures are in place and being followed
- Coordinate with marketing and partnerships teams to establish performance trends
- Assist the partnerships team with product performance and customer feedback analysis
- Network within the community to create brand awareness and interest
- Plan monthly social and partner events with the support of the corporate marketing team
- You will work in and create solid relationships with HQ and Chalhoub Group
What you'll need to succeed in this role:
You will demonstrate great leadership skills and a consultative approach towards the business. Your ability to engage and communicate with a diverse range of people will ensure your success with us! More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- 3+ years' experience leading teams in a retail environment
- Exposure in product merchandising and events marketing is preferred
- Previous experience in a retail technology, hardware, or IoT environment a plus
- Confident to communicate with customers and team members
- Ability to manoeuvre around the sales floor and stockroom
- Completely flexible to the schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Previous experience of working in a similar field; with strong knowledge of retail in the region
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Have a people-oriented attitude with experience in engaging in people development
- A passion for people
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Top notch organizational skills and comfort in analytical problem solving
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distil complex issues High Emotional IQ
- Creative problem solver
- Strong relationship building skills
- Self starter with ability to execute on business priorities with little hand holding
- Proven ability to understand complex concepts and work cross-functionally
- Demonstrate initiative, persistence and ability to close deals
- Ability to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Retail or Merchandising background a plus
- Fluent in English and French. Arabic a plus
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.