Job description / Role
Store, maintain, issue & receive and control tools and other test Equipment’s, general consumables in the Tool Store/workshop to ensure timely availability of items for maintenance staff.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Tool keeping and Tool Store Administration
• Control the issue and receipt of tools and other items to the maintenance staff for day-to-day jobs.
• Control the inventory and preservation of tools and materials in tool room and ensure that the tools are kept in good condition.
• Ensure the availability of adequate inventory of maintenance materials for vital equipment.
• Assist the workshop engineer in preparing list of consumable materials required for day to day maintenance function and plant shutdowns.
• Initiate purchase requisitions to obtain stock replenishment and report damage of tools and provide details for the procurement / replacement with new tools.
• Inspect the physical condition of the tools and ensure rejected / damaged tools are disposed as per procedure.
• Follow-up to ensure the proper use of tools by workers, and no tools are outstanding with employees at the time of their separation from the company.
• Arrange tool storage in an orderly manner in the tool room and ensure proper tagging of each item with relevant and up-to-date information, to facilitate the search for the required tools.
• Maintain calibration record of measuring tools and update workshop engineer on the status and support to ensure all the measuring tools are calibrated.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
• Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
• Carry out all maintenance jobs in line with assigned time standards.
• Inform the Maintenance Supervisor in case additional resources are required to carry out the job within the assigned time frame.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures, modification of functional processes, machinery or equipment.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards.
• Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
• Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during and after executing the job, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
• Collect technical data from the field as required and provide inputs to prepare Section progress reports for Company Management.
• Provide input for the preparation of Method statements and initiate Near Miss reports.
• Secondary School Certificate with a vocational trade certificate in the relevant field
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 4 years of experience, in managing and storage of tools/ equipment/ inventory, within a large industrial plant, preferably in the Oil and Gas industry.
About the Company
A leading agri-food company in the UAE.