Job description / Role
Purchasing Store Keeper
As a Storekeeper your main responsibility is to receive, store and issue supplies and equipment for the day to day hotel operations. You will work closely with purchasing department ensure cleanliness of all work areas, keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times.
He/she also verifies that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions/orders and the delivery receipts, invoices are checked and filed in the appropriate folder. Maintains par stock, inventory and stock records every month and compiles records of expenditures/consumptions etc.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- You will manage the goods and deliveries moving in and out of the hotel and will ensure that these deliveries reach the appropriate destinations and logged according to the procurement standards.
- Prepare all items requested as per the authorized system storeroom requisition for timely preparation, issuance of items and pick up by the concerned department.
- Ensure proper signatories are obtained for all storerooms requisition issues by the departmental authorized personnel and post in the system accordingly, Ensure proper policy procedures are maintained for all stock items received and issued.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Responsible for receiving according to the approved order and proper arrangements of all stock items.
- Maintain cleanliness, orderliness and functional arrangements of storerooms, cold rooms, stocks and equipment.
- Assist the purchasing team in following up on pending LPO with stores.
- Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
- Place orders through ADACO (Material Management System)
- To order and maintain exclusive control over central stores of the hotel with respect to issue releases, control over deliveries and hotel stock counts.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Monitor and verify spoilage reports and approve beverage issues from outlets.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures.
- Takes responsibility for the duties and tasks assigned to the role, ensuring that all work is carried out in a timely and professional manner
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
Your experience and skills include:
- Experience of at least two years in a similar position in the full service hotel or hospitality industry.
- Experience of working with ADACO (Materials Management System)
- Must have basic computer skills for the day to day operation.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Have a good eye for detail.
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travelers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Storekeeper & Receiving Clerk
|Abu Dhabi||20 May|
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||20 May|
Excelsior Group ME