This position is closed or expired.
See other Store Manager jobs in UAE
Majid Al Futtaim Fashion (MAF Fashion)
Roy Halston Frowick was the creator of luxury American fashion in the 1960’s and 1970’s. He used his signature materials of jersey, cashmere and suede to reinvent the jumpsuit, the shirtdress, and the classic caftan, permanently leaving his mark on fashion. Recently revamped under the vision of Chairman & CEO Ben Malka, today the line is sold in some of the world’s most formidable department stores including Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and Lane Crawford, and stand-alone stores in the US.
Store Performance – Driving Sales
• Assist in developing the store as a profitable outlet with an aim to achieve set sales targets and analysis of This Year v’s Last Year, ATVs’ and ATUs’.
• To ensure accurate knowledge of Brand performance, best sellers and stock levels to assist in generating ideas and action plans to increase overall sales.
• Have the enthusiasm and ‘passion’ to deliver a ‘result focused’ service through communication and attitude, ensuring efficiency and superior customer service.
• Supporting the Store Manager in managing the displays and merchandise: presentation both in-store and windows, ensure all promotions, layouts and pricing policies are effectively implemented and current to increase sales.
• Familiarization of the product range and its benefits and new ranges as introduced
• Assist the Store Manager in the effective merchandising including promotional displays
• Maintain awareness of the market trends in the retail industry, understand forthcoming customer demands, monitor local competitors and initiate sales techniques to increase sales
Highest Customer Service Standards
• Ensure that all customers are dealt with in a friendly and courteous manner and this is practiced at all times in line with the stores policies and guidelines
• Ensure their team delivers the best service to the customers through understanding of what ‘great service’ looks and feels like.
• Has outstanding product knowledge about the Brand and its philosophy so to be able to educate, motivate and inspire their team.
• Always lead by example by providing consistent exceptional service standards.
Operational Standards, Processes and Practices
• Assist the Store Manager in supervision and scheduling of the workforce with particular emphasis in areas such as customer satisfaction, cashier duties, loss prevention, stock receipt, and overall store maintenance
• Assistant Store Managers will have full accountability and responsibility for their stock loss percentage and current procedure will be followed when dealing with unsatisfactory results.
• Exercise judgment and discretion in conjunction with, the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store
• Conduct daily handover briefing with the Store Manager updating him/ her on any relevant issues; customer complaints, refunds and exchanges etc.
• Facilitate in staff supervision and development, allocate duties and ensure these are carried out in a effective manner
• To deputize for the Store Manager in his/her absence.
• Support the Store Manager in controlling and managing all aspects of the day-to-day Store operations such as:
- ensuring the store is in complete readiness prior to opening and that the sales staff has correctly executed his/ her opening checklists
- check the cash intakes and ensure cash drop is captured correctly prior to banking
- tidiness of overall shop floor, stock and fitting rooms
- control and check of merchandise in and out completing relevant paperwork
- ensure compliance with all Health and Safety regulations at work
- maintain stock levels as agreed with the Visual Merchandisers and ensure out of stocks are kept to a minimum
- Assist with inventory counts as required
- undertake any other responsibility as assigned by the Store Manager
• Be responsible to the Store Manager for cash handling, security and the operation of the cash register
• Support the Store Manager in the completion of forms, refunds, returns and control documents according to agreed control procedures.
Development of the ‘Best Retail Team’.
• To develop, coach and mentor the ‘Best’ retail operational team through establishing the right culture and environment, that ‘empowers people through ongoing development and recognition’.
• Motivates their staff through clear and effective communication, providing great leadership and direction.
• To ensure all staff comply with the Grooming and Dress Code policy to ensure the staff represent a brand that is distinguishable and recognizable internationally.
• Promote a working environment of ‘Integrity, Trust and Recognition through recognizing cultural diversity of our people through mutual respect.’
Results focused and customer service orientated
• Possess fashion knowledge and a natural flair with a keen eye for detail and visual presentation
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective time management and able to prioritize work
• Ability to work on your own autonomy and strong decision making skills
• Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity relating to multi-nationalities
• Demonstrate sound work ethics
• 3-4 years industry experienced
• Flexibility in shift work; weekends, and holidays
• Ability to handle multi-million dollar sales volume
• Computer skills with the ability to operate a cash register
• Book keeping, computerized accounting and spreadsheet knowledge
About the Company
Majid Al Futtaim Fashion provides a platform for the introduction of world-class fashion and retail brands in the region, developing their presence across the Middle East. Their aim is to be the international retail partner of choice for some of the worlds most desirable brands. The Company believes the strength of a brands success is through the focus of its people. Having the right retail structure, with the right people, ensures that a brands integrity is maintained to the highest level and that the customer experience is aligned to global standards.
The leading retail arm of Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Majid Al Futtaim Fashion has the rights to operate the internationally renowned Juicy Couture brand throughout the region. Juicy Couture is one of the most popular casual luxury brands in the Middle East and continues to be a retail success with over 18 stores currently open across the region and further plans to expand the into new markets in 2014.
Other brands operated by Majid Al Futtaim Fashion include one of the UKs leading fashion retailers Jane Norman, the metropolitan casual lifestyle brand Mexx and ITSUGAR the US confectionary brand with an attitude.
The eclectic Spanish brand Hoss Intropia, and the iconic fashion brand Halston Heritage, were recently added to Majid Al Futtaim Fashions portfolio. Tremendous demand for both brands is anticipated this year with an aggressive rollout of new stores planned throughout the region.
In early 2013, Majid Al Futtaim Fashion announced a joint ventures agreement with the leading American retailer and casual wear clothing brand, Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (A&F), with respect to its Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch brands. The agreement is to develop Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitchs presence within the UAE, further supporting the brands international growth. As Abercrombie & Fitch Co.s first physical foray into the Middle East, the landmark joint venture partnership with Majid Al Futtaim Fashion should significantly broaden A&Fs regional potential across the GCC, further adding to the regions offering of exceptional market leading international brands.