Job description / Role
- Plan, organize, coordinate and manage the Stores Department.
- Managing the stores operations, including shipping, receiving and issuing of materials.
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries and pickups as per assigned dates.
- To prepare purchase requisitions as necessary and determine proper location of supplies, materials, etc. to allow maximum utilization of space.
- In conjunction with Divisional Managers, Finance and historical data, to determine and maintain stock levels through proper utilization of systems in place.
- Ensure proper storage of inventory and conduct inventories at regular intervals.
- Dispose of discontinued/obsolete furniture, equipment, etc., in accordance to company policy and only after obtaining the approval of Senior Company Management.
- Maintain a proper identification system in stores for easy access of furniture, materials, equipment, etc.
- To direct, manage and co-ordinate all phases of packaging.
- To develop and implement packaging innovations and process improvements while managing operating costs.
- Maintain accurate, update records of stores transactions.
- Observe and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- To manage, train and evaluate the performance of sub-ordinates.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective course of action.
- Analyzes and reports monthly transportation, labor and other relevant expenses / information in order to develop plans and improve service.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with Finance and Purchasing and Production Departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An educational degree/qualification in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain, a must.
- Other training /certifications in the field of Logistics or Supply Chain, will be an added asset.
- Over 8 years prior working experience in logistics/supply chain/transportation function within a manufacturing environment, preferably, furniture.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
- Commercial and financial acumen of the manufacturing field.
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data and be comfortable with new technology and systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Management techniques may be an advantage.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer solutions.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to handle multiple projects through to completion by managing priorities.
- Good relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong time management skills with a logical and systematic approach to work.
About the Company
A Fully Integrated Building Material and Furniture Manufacturer in the Middle East.
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices)
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||30 Nov|
Senior Logistics Coordinator
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Key Account Client Relationship / Communication Manager
Logistics Executive - Local Transportation
Petrochem Middle East