Job description / Role
Our client, a facilities management company based in Al Ain is currently looking for a Storekeeper who will be responsible for the routine administration and organisation aspects of the central stores.
He will also be responsible for ensuring that the Materials Control and Purchasing functions operate to the standards. The Storekeeper will liaise with the Operational Departments regularly to seek advice on stock levels required and report on same.
Key Job Responsibilities
• To have responsibility for the general operation of Stores including safety aspects.
• Strictly follow all relevant departmental procedures especially company stores procedures.
• Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with the Purchase Orders and Delivery note.
• Inventory high accuracy must be maintained during the weekly/quarterly/annual stock counts.
• Entering the inventory items in the MS Dynamics AX System and producing GRN Report.
• Arranging to keep the received materials in right racks with identifiable tagging system.
• Rejection of materials to suppliers and update in MS Dynamics AX System, if required.
• Identify critical stock level based on the past consumption records in co-ordination with the operational departments.
• Monitoring and control of stock levels and re-ordering.
• Issuance of materials as per the Store Issuance and Return Form and entering the data into the MS Dynamics AX System.
• Receiving returns of materials and transferring of materials, if any. Enter these transactions in the AX Dynamics system.
• Manage the inventory database including the preparation of Purchase Request, RFQ & PO.
• Give proper advice to the Procurement department for negotiating with suppliers for optimum rates to procure quality materials.
• Follow-up with suppliers for quick and timely delivery of materials.
• Entering new stock in MS Dynamics AX System as and when required.
• Filing of Delivery Notes, Store Issuance Forms, Supplier Approval Forms, etc.
• Manage and maintain updated records of Material Safety Data Sheet related to the items kept in the inventory.
• Maintain records of equipment warranty, tools register, PPE, etc.
• Co-ordinate with the operations team for the calibration of the equipment.
• Producing inventory report after physical verification of the stock on month end for approval.
• Complete the GRN in MS Dynamics AX System for the service contracts on month end in co-ordination with the Operations team.
• The Storeman should be able to take the responsibility of the purchasing function in the absence of Commercial Assistant.
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the stores and shelves where the items are kept.
• Maintain the records of samples provided by Suppliers and operations team.
• Maintain a record of the expired inventory items, notify and update the operations team and the supply Chain supervisor regularly prior to the expiry date.
• Ability to handle the work pressure and manage the people.
• Conduct random inventory stock counts on weekly basis.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
• Good store keeping expertise and a sound knowledge of general business practices.
• Good knowledge about the local market.
• Good communication skills.
• Good time management skills.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position in UAE with a large organization in the construction and maintenance industry preferably with a bachelor’s degree.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of storekeeping.
• Familiar with all the construction related materials.
• A broad, in depth and practical experience of the facility management industry.
• Computer literate with expertise in operating a Computerized Maintenance System or centralized warehouse system.
• Good command over English language (Written and Oral).
• Understanding of stock control and rotation.
• Valid UAE driving License.
• Hands-on experience in MS AX Dynamics
• Good communicator
• Physically fit
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements
• Knowledge and experience of Electric Forklift operation
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Warehouse In Charge
ARB Middle East
A Leading Agri-food Company In The UAE
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC
Petrochem Middle East
Logistics Staff/ Assistant (Import, Export & Distribution Industry)
A Leading Automotive Products and Solutions Provider in UAE