Stores Technologies Leader
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Store Technologies Leader to join a renowned retail group in the Middle East, working as part of the Group Technology function The successful candidate will work with the Retail and Supply chain leadership teams to drive digital transformation across Retail Store capabilities The Store Technologies Lead is accountable to the Head of Retail and Supply Chain, for all elements of Technology provision.
What you'll be doing
- Shape the future - work collaboratively with business to shape the roadmap for transformation
- Deliver the transformation - deliver transformation programmes, often partnering with 3rd parties
- Run and stabilize - support the stable running in 'business as usual' and ensure tech. value delivery You will ideally have a proven track record of deploying technology-led transformation in Retail Stores, and will help the group to scale our ambitions to provide seamless retail consumer capabilities across retail stores and omni-channel, across our brands and across our countries of operation
- With senior stakeholders to manage, you must have demonstrated experience of deploying strong leadership skills (engagement, influence and communication) and with a portfolio of transformation to manage, you will be highly structured and organized in your approach to daily tasks.
- In summary, you will lead a team of Scrum Masters, Solution Architects, Development teams, Business Analysts and 3rd party suppliers to:
- Create and implement the Technology strategy and direction for Store Technology solutions
- Manage the architecture: identifying optimization and legacy replacement opportunities
- Select appropriate technology, leading vendor assessments and tech. Selections
- Run large-scale transformations: ensure on-time, in-full and to-budget delivery of projects o Innovate and challenge: identify new ways for tech. To drive value in Store technology solutions
- Manage the TCO: take accountability for ensuring technology costs drive business benefit In Stores, our technology includes, but is not limited to: Point of Sale (POS), Store Inventory Management, Workforce Management solution, Traffic Counters, In-Store Display and Pricing, Traffic Counting, Front-Liner applications.
Managing your team, you will:
- Act as the single point of contact for all matters relating to Store Technology: whether related to new demand, existing projects or service-related issues
- Fully understand Store Technology strategies, expected outcome, deliverables and value that needs to be generated from technology
- Support the business to translate business requirements into technology requirements and recommended new capabilities/enhancements to be added to the backlog which forms a roadmap
- Ensure the integrity, scalability and flexibility of the Technology architecture and roadmap for Store Technology (e.g., ability to add new brands, new stores, new channels and eCommerce store fronts)
- Ensure that Store technology solution requirements are defined, groomed and planned effectively for DevSecOps delivery management
- Manage the on-budget delivery of solution delivery efforts through close tracking of budget and forecast spend, pro-actively recommending opportunities to maximise the ROI of project budgets
- Take active ownership on the delivery of Store Technology projects, communicating status and updates to senior stakeholders
- Pro-actively manage and mitigate delivery risks, ensuring prompt escalation and resolution
- Be responsible for tracking the bandwidth of your team members, allocating tasks, tracking the deliverables till deployment and hand over to business as usual services/operations
- Actively manage the operational activity of external vendors and delivery partners supporting solution design/build activity, including working with vendors to close product issues
- Work in close partnership with services colleagues to ensure that product issues are within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), running costs are within plan, and work collaboratively to continually enhance the product quality and avoid 'technical debt' (outdated technical components)
What you'll need to succeed
- Being Inclusive
- Planning: Tactical, Strategic
- Agile Methodologies
- Customer Focus
- Product Development Strategy
- Problem Solving
- Portfolio Management
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Communicating effectively
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Demonstrating Strategic Vision
- Developing & Engaging Employees
- Driving Innovation
- Driving Results
- Understanding & Developing Self
What we can offer you:
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply:
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.