Job description / Role
As a strategic marketing manager, your job duties include supporting the marketing function measuring KPIs, and calculating the return on investment for specific marketing efforts.
Other tasks include identifying target audiences and analyzing market research.
In alignment with the strategic marketing senior manager, you communicate with various departments in the company, such as product/content and sales, to ensure everyone is working toward the same goals, also work with other peers, marketing assistants and managers to plan strategies and develop specific goals to define and ensure business success.
Main purpose is to identify new opportunities within INTERNATIONL MARKETS and ambitious markets we want to grow (i.e., secondary territories such as NA) and generate innovative ideas to support particular content, products feature or engage with a specific audience and customer’s cluster.
With experience and a deep understanding of different MENA countries markets, and Arabic diaspora, you will be responsible for marketing strategy and priorities mapping for INTERNATIONL MARKETS and ambitious markets we want to grow (i.e., secondary territories such as NA).
This role reports to the Strategic Marketing – Senior Manager (Shahid )
In this role, within the specified main purpose and in full alignment with the senior marketing manager, you will be:
- Providing marketing strategy support to all of our marketing teams, including content marketing, creative marketing, social media and digital, PR & publicity, performance marketing.
- Analysing sales and marketing metrics and utilising them to forecast market trends, set specific marketing goals by designing and applying marketing strategies that are aligned with business targets.
- Liaising with other cross-functional partners within the broader Shahid team, including B2C acquisition, B2B partners, Content Acquisition and Product teams
- Providing analytics, insights and business intelligence to inform content marketing plans and actions, in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholder teams and discuss findings with senior management.
- Engaging, educating and assisting marketing stakeholders in data analysis, roll-out of strategic projects, planning processes and tools, system enhancements
- Supporting the use and understanding of market research.
- Contributing to marketing strategy and quarterly planning (marketing calendar) of actions and priorities, guide alignment and agreement on resources allocation amongst key stakeholders
- Ensuring correct planning of Business priorities versus resources
This position requires the ability to support multi-teams workflow, with a deep understanding of the marketing, media and consumer landscape in GCC countries.
This position is full-time and based in Dubai.
- 8-10 years of experience in a highly analytical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including great Excel skills
- Curiosity about the business and solving problems
- Top management consulting firm, corporate planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media company, or similarly demanding environment in which complex modeling and analysis is performed
- Role will be based in our Dubai office, with travel expected to other office location
- (Desirable) Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, Accounting or related field; MBA a strong plus
- (Desirable) Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Demonstrated capacity for delivering industry leading marketing strategies in an Internet, media and/or advertising environment
- Deep knowledge of the media/marketing industries across middle east
- Strong decision-making skills with successful experience influencing and leading cross-functional teams
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Fluent in English, fluent Arabic speaking a plus.
- Travel required
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Middle East Executive
Quest Search & Selection
Marketing Manager - Cereals All Family
Nestle Middle East
Marketing & Communications Manager
A Leading Group In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||5 Feb|