Strategic Sourcing Lead – Oil Services
Job description / Role
Strategic Sourcing Lead – Oil Services Company
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager the role will provide strategic and operational supply chain management services to support the business as well as initiatives to improve and tactical purchase requests made by the business. Operate in close liaison with the Global Supply Chain Manager and the respective Regional Supply Chain Managers, as well as internal customers, ensuring that due diligence and optimal risk mitigation is achieved throughout all supply chain activities.
Other responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage relationship management of key suppliers; monitor performance, develop relationships with key contacts, internally and externally and hold regular feedback meetings with these stakeholders.
- Implement global supply management principals, standards and procedures aligned to the development of the global supply chain function.
- Develop supplier capacity planning models and overlay with Product Line growth plans to identify supplier development opportunities.
- Support the negotiation and/or re-negotiation of new and existing contract rates.
We are looking for a person with 10 years previous experience in similar role within SCM in oil industry, degree in relevant subject or CIPS professional qualification or equivalent preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil &Gas, Power &; Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- We are looking for a person with 10 years previous experience in similar role within SCM in oil industry, degree in relevant subject or CIPS professional qualification or equivalent preferred.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Procurement Manager
Compass Project Consulting