Job description / Role
As the Strategy & Planning Specialist you will be responsible for developing strategies for a new business vertical. You will work closely with the CFO and other business leaders to drive a variety of strategic efforts across the business, focused on growth, improvements, optimisation and more.
A leading UAE-based organisation in their field with a strong track record of success, looking to build and develop a new e-commerce venture from an existing offline business model. They have strong funding and appetite to create an exciting new player in the e-commerce market
* Analyse data and study industry trends to identify revenue and margin opportunities
* Manage all elements of the launch of the new business vertical and marketplace business
* Design the business plan and the go-to market strategy
* Work closely with the 3rd party tech vendor on platform build
* Develop competitive analysis and maintain analytical frameworks to evaluate and support decision making with respect to new business opportunities
* Develop financial content for executive-level presentations, including Board of Director meetings
* Opportunity to play a critical role in the establishment, growth and success of an exciting new business with the backing of a great organisation
* Long-term role with exciting immediate objectives, followed by fantastic growth prospects
* Corporate strategy and planning experience with an e-commerce or fintech business in either start-up or scale-up mode OR management consulting professional with strong exposure to digital/tech/e-commerce/fintech sector engagements
* Should come from or have worked with a recognisable e-commerce business in the UAE
* High level of proficiency working on feasibility studies and market analysis
* Strong understanding of tech/digital business growth and best-practice platform builds
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Senior Business Planning and Reporting Analyst
Senior Finance Business Partner
Strategy, Planning and Analysis Specialist