Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuation Manager, you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Modelling and Economics network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Modelling and Economics practice. We advise our clients in addressing their strategic planning, transaction and non-transaction related decision-making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purpose etc. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Manager within Valuation Modelling and Economics team, you are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic - you will help clients identifying source of value creation and quantifying it.
- You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth
- Commercial - as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
- Regulatory and Accounting -you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 6 years of related business valuation work experience
- Solution driven individual and "out-of-comfort" zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Have been involved in large number of buy/sell-side transactions, providing business and/or assets valuation
- Autonomous with demonstrated experience in handling and developing clients' relationship, proactive in reporting to Director/Partner
- Previous business valuation, capital allocation, portfolio optimization experience
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch.
- Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Previous experience in coaching teams of junior and senior staff
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA;
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region