Job description / Role
Strategy Asset Consultant - Energy Sector - 6 months contract
Responsibilities and duties
Support the Director to drive / optimize value creation in portfolio companies.
• Identify portfolio company value creation opportunities through consistently refreshed shareholder opinions / value creation plans
• Act as key interface in relationship with portfolio companies (Board / exec team) to drive value creation plans to execution
• Ensure CLIENT decision rights (according to DoA) are executed
• Identify portfolio company synergies and oversee implementation
Regularly monitor asset performance and mitigate potential issues
• Conduct regular performance review of portfolio companies
• Ensure that companies are on track vs. plan on key topics
• Identify, mitigate and escalate potential issues
Drive decision on implications of hold / sell for asset
Research and assist Director to develop sector strategies & detailed sector screens
• Develop sector strategies / CLIENT point of view on sector and on latest relevant trends / investable themes
• Develop detailed sector screens to identify most attractive opportunities for investment
Coordinate with M&A on deal origination for new strategic investments
• Engage with sector ecosystem and build strong network with relevant stakeholders
• Execute on deal transactions in collaboration with M&A team; heavily contribute on all sector specific / commercial topics (e.g., commercial diligence)
• Supervise the Associates in their work on supporting all deal executions
• Support other cross-sector projects as required by the Chief Strategic Assets Officer
• Prepare information and support on all reporting for the Sector Director as required by CLIENT’s CEO and CIO’s.
• He / She should support the operations of CLIENT’s Investment team, as requested.
• He / She should assist in the preparation of periodical reports to the Investment Committee.
• Adhere to industry practices and policies.
• Coach and mentor UAE nationals, especially in relation but not limited to the Investments Department.
Skills and background
• Masters degree in Economics, STEM or other relevant fields
• Relevant professional certificates an advantage.
Background and experience
• 10 years’ experience in sector experience in similar role in industry, or managerial position in investment/consulting (relevant to sector)
• Demonstrated experience and success in M&A (e.g. corporate M&A)
• Fluency (oral/written) in Arabic is an advantage (dependent on portfolio companies in sector)
Sector Specific Experience
• Must have significant experience in the specific sector - Energy, Education or Logistics
• Strong team management
• People development skills
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions