Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
The Strategy Office provides the organisation with an overall compass, based on the Group’s vision and directions previously defined. The Strategy team aims at being a driving force allowing the Group to achieve its Vision and to strengthen its competitive advantages in an ever-changing and challenging environment.
• Nurturing the long-term thinking process and being a catalyst for new ideas and disruptive & innovative propositions
• Being a compass and a custodian of the Strategy 2030 fostering its effective implementation through planning, monitoring and active support to Group key ventures & initiatives
• Reinforcing and strengthening Group competitive advantages through relevant analysis, focus and mobilisation
• Being a key partner for BUs to help them achieve their strategic goals
• Participate in defining the Group’s long-term strategy (and related directions, priorities)
• Support the Group in defining its 3-year plan and drive its execution
• Be able to assess the Group’s operational and strategic performance
• Align processes, resources-planning and department goals with overall strategy
• Drive Group and business units’ medium to long-term strategic planning
• Supervise and ensure roll-out of plans across businesses
• Drive strategic thinking at Group level
• Follow progress on quarterly basis through regular meetings
• Support on transverse projects and strategic initiatives
• Support Group strategic initiatives and new ventures through analysis, advisory
• Financial and business analysis
• Educate and accompany senior executives and commercial teams in making effective decisions
• Interact and work with C-Levels
• Construct forecasts and analytical models whilst building business recommendations accordingly
• Liaise and collaborate closely with Intelligence team and internal stakeholders to leverage data and insights
What you'll need to succeed
• Proven experience as a Strategist or Business Consultant (at least 6 years)
• Experience in a professional services firm with strategy consulting experience preferred
• Experience in strategy design & implementation, organisational assessment, performance management and business process reengineering
• Understanding of market research and data analysis
• Knowledge of business operations and procedures
• Demonstrable strategic thinking abilities
• Sharp analytical mind with proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people across all levels in an organisation
• Comfortable with significant stakeholder interaction and interest in building relationships
• Strong interest in driving strategic plans and measuring success
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Creating and analysing financial and budget reports
• Organisational and leadership skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills as well as listening and interpretation skills
• Creating presentations and data visualisations to present to decision makers
• Graduate of a top-tier university – MBA or an equivalent master’s degree (Business Administration, Management, Finance or a related field
• Prior experience in managing projects
• Ability in coaching others
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.