Job description / Role
• Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
• Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
• Provides support for other engineering activities as required.
• May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
• May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a small to intermediate size project.
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same project.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and 5+ years of related structural design work experience mainly in bridges and tunnels
• Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages associated with structural modelling, analysis and design typically CSi Bridge, Midas Civil, SAP2000, STAAD.Pro, SP column, Bentley RAM connections/elements, Prokon, Autodesk Structural bridge design, Autodesk Revit and Navisworks.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate may be required
• Proficiency in utilizing CAD/BIM and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies