Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for Structural Engineers to join our infrastructure projects in Abu Dhabi.
The key objectives of the role will be to;
• Lead the delivery of technical structural outputs.
• Deliver improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects and lead task groups where appropriate to develop, communicate and implement SHEQ improvements.
• Coordinate the schedule for contractor submittals for all structural works to maintain the overall construction schedule, alerts senior management of potential delays.
• Provide necessary technical support and design review/audit services to the senior management ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
• Keep senior management informed as to changes made in the field to ensure timely processing of contract change orders. Assist in preparing change order documentation for structural components of the construction works.
• Maintain an overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts and time schedules.
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following; -
• Have 10 years’ Structural experience on infrastructure projects such as bridges, tunnels, roads, storm water drainage.
• Degree in Structural/ Civil Engineering
• Have worked for consultancies internationally (preferable, not essential)
• Have excellent communication skills
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE