Job description / Role
• Report to the Resident Engineer and assist in supervising the construction of bridges/viaducts works and associated items.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
• Assist the Resident Engineer in reviewing of shop drawings, design proposals, method statements and other activities including correspondence related to the bridges section and prepare replies for the review of the Resident Engineer.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
• Coordinate with the contractor engineers on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
• Convene and chair special meetings with the service authorities, the contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Prepare / Assist in the preparation of Weekly and Monthly progress reports.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions with respect to utilities works and associated items.
• Check and measure the performed work in his line of work, record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs. programmed work.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
• Civil Engineering graduate (preferably holding M.Sc degree in Structures) with a minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in supervision of and bridges construction and related works
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major bridges and infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Keep necessary records and as-built records and take charge of the handing over of the structural works to the respective service authorities and assist the contractor to obtain necessary final clearance.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Civil Inspector - Roads/Bridges
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|