Job description / Role
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we have led with vision, contributing to many of the world's most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50 th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a Structures Lead - Bridges and Civil Structures, to join our award-winning team based in Abu Dhabi.
This position leads a team of engineers delivering multiple projects across the GCC. Representing KEO with Clients, develops and maintains strong relationships and actively works on Business Development and Marketing. Provides structural engineering key technical expertise and leadership at different stages of the projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery. Participates in the technical design and design reviews of bridges, tunnels, utility buildings and other civil structures. Manages projects to ensure compliance with quality, cost and schedule objectives. Manages and mentors talent and recruits team members as required.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Monitoring the technical quality of KEO Infrastructure Structural projects to ensure that the projects delivered to clients are of the highest technical quality and engineering practice standard.
- Developing and implementing measures to mitigate project-related financial and business risks, in partnership with other Project Managers/Project Directors.
- Preparing proposals and conducting presentations to clients where required.
- Leading a team of professional employees, driving increased organisational performance and achievement of team goals.
- Analysing existing work processes, procedures and systems, identifying opportunities for increased efficiencies, cost-effectiveness and service improvements.
- Preparing, planning and controlling financial budgets and team resources in order to deliver required commercial outcomes.
- Preparing and managing complex project programs and project contracts.
- Participating in agreed business development activities.
- Leading and developing strong communications and working relationships with staff, management, subcontractors, public agencies and clients which support collaborative work practices.
- Ensuring the effective functioning of large/complex and/or multidisciplinary teams by using appropriate interpersonal styles to promote team cohesion and collaboration.
- Fostering a working environment that promotes a learning culture and supports career planning strategies of team members to meet future development needs.
- Creating a safety culture within area of responsibility to ensure all work is completed in accordance with KEO health and safety policies.
- Ensuring integration of sustainability principles in all inputs and outputs of teams within area of responsibility.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 15 years of relevant design experience partnered with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering - Structures or equivalent, and advanced degree is desirable.
- Expert understanding of planning, design, construction and project management concepts.
- Knowledge and skills set the benchmark for current developments and trends within specific area of expertise in terms of current local and global industry practices and standards.
- Proficiency using a range of structural modelling and discipline-specific software including STAAD Pro, CSI Bridge, Midas Civil, SAP2000, RAM and Autodesk packages.
- Excellent communications skills across the board with the ability to write reports and deliver presentations.
- Full (Corporate) Membership of an Internationally recognized professional Institution i.e., C. Eng. M.I.C.E. or P.E.) PMP Certification would be advantageous.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.