Job description / Role
United Arab Emirates University is hiring for a Student Academic Success Specialist in academic advising to provide one on one, as well as group academic advising, recruitment/retention, and academic success support functions for students to ensure ongoing successful progress to completion of an undergraduate degree program. As key contributor to increasing student retention and graduation university-wide, supports students in making timely progress toward a degree through a range of in-person and online academic advising and support strategies.
- Evidence of a Master's degree in counseling, higher education, or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, procedures and methods of evidence-based academic advising strategies
- Experience working with online students
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic programs, colleges, and departments in a university setting
- Experience in providing thorough and complete attention to detail, following multi-stepped processes, and maintaining accurate records
- Experience in applying the principles, techniques and methods of teamwork, compromise and collaboration to produce desired outcomes
- Experience in the use of internet-based research tools and Microsoft Office Suite computer applications, especially Excel
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, faculty, students, administration and other interested parties
- Experience in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing priorities
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in interpreting student needs and determining when referral to other University resources is appropriate.
- Provides 1:1 as well as group academic advising, recruitment/retention, and academic success support functions to students to ensure ongoing successful progress to completion of degree program
- Provides guidance to students on course selection, registration, and satisfactory academic progress using Degree Works
- Assists with academic program development and implementation
- Monitors student academic progress through a variety of reporting tools; works closely and collaboratively with students, faculty, and staff to ensure academic success
- Acts as college/department liaison to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, and external groups on issues related to academic success
- Working under limited or minimal supervision, handles problems, provides guidance and advice to students
- Responds to student questions and concerns in a timely manner; works with students to resolve all issues to ensure ongoing satisfaction with program and successful progress to completion
- Acts as primary liaison to connect students with academic and personal resources such as tutoring, independent learning, counseling and career services; provides follow up to ensure satisfaction with and effectiveness of services
- Works collaboratively and collegially with academic units and services throughout the university to facilitate comprehensive student support
- Maintains student files and records on computer-based databases
- Utilizes a variety of university data and programmatic
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Specialist - Human Resources
Dubai Parks and Resorts
HR Business Partner
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|