Job description / Role
• Students, colleagues, parents and the school Principal, Heads of School and Senior Leadership team.
Positioning of Role
• This role reports to the Principal or relevant Head of the School.
Primary Purpose of Job
• Provides a range of psychological assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic, and/or case management services for individuals, couples, groups, and/or families, as appropriate to the specific expectations of the position.
• May provide practical training and guidance to students and/or paraprofessional staff, as required.
• Ensure that all staff receive the necessary level of training and support with regards to common student wellbeing issues
• Making full use of ICT and the new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels
• Planning lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their individual learning styles, preferences and capabilities
• Encouraging and enabling all students to become effective, confident and independent life-long learners
• Maintaining excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school
• Planning and delivery of a programme of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum
• Cooperating with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment
• Communicate open and professionally with parents on a regular basis about the attainment and progress of their child
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties.
• Provide a clear channel for parent queries and concerns and supporting parents with advice and introductions to external providers where appropriate
• Contribute to regular discussion forums on topics of interest to parents
• Provide appropriate reports on student issues to Grade Level Leaders and the Senior Team
• Build trusting relationships with external service providers
• Support all relevant transition events
• Speak at external events and write articles for local publications
• Work with the Senior Team to ensure that all regulatory and compliance guidelines are met
• Ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently deployed
• Overall responsibility for designing and implementing a counselling programme that meets the requirements of the school and student body
• Work with the Senior Team to develop experiences and activities that are beneficial for students’ holistic development, and that promote responsibility, leadership skills, cooperation and other personal and social skills
• Maintain student records on progress, achievements, activities and interests
• Support students in overcoming barriers to learning
• Support students by referring them to external service providers when appropriate
• Report any appropriate issues to the school Designated Safeguarding Officer
• Support the senior leadership of the school in implementing proactive guidelines and procedures to deal with bullying
• Work with the leadership team to ensure that all internal systems, policies and practices support the school’s success in these processes
• Meet with inspectors and evaluation teams to discuss provision in this area
• Maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties
• Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required
• Participate in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher
• Monitor the effectiveness of curricular and co-curricular provision and make improvements as necessary. and students are given ample opportunity to discover their passions.
• Prepare all personnel, systems and avenues of communication for all external inspections, evaluation visits and accreditation visits
• Knowledgeable, Reflective, Inquirer, Thinker
• Caring and Open-minded
• Communicator and Risk-taker
• Principled and Balanced
Experience and Qualifications
• A degree in Counseling, Social Work, or directly related field.
• A track of record of engaging in professional learning
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.