Job description / Role
Supervising and operating a recording studio including structuring projects (e.g. freelancer selections), managing bookings & recording sessions, managing client expectations, ensuring high quality recordings, mixing and mastering. Communicating in Arabic and English is a must.
Lead studio recording operations and in particular:
• Follow instructions and details from directors, producers etc
• Select, hire and supervise freelancers/musicians for the recording activities
• Coordinate with artists, producers, managers, and clients to schedule recording sessions and manage bookings
• Record, mix and master audio tracks (instruments, vocals etc.)
• Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
• Create and maintain sound/music libraries
• Attract new clients through networking with the local community
• Ensure client satisfaction
• Schedule and supervise routine maintenance of equipment to ensure longevity and maximize their value
• Native Arabic and Fluent English are a must
• Because the work involves juggling schedules and dealing with last-minute changes and unexpected complications, it is vital for studio engineer to be flexible and cool-headed, and to have excellent problem-solving skills.
• In addition, being organized and detail-oriented helps them prepare for upcoming sessions, as well as manage complex schedules.
• Communication and networking abilities are valuable.
• Business hours are largely standard, although studio engineer need to be flexible in special assignment (e.g. VIP recording).
• Degree in Audio/Sound engineering or related field
• Knowledge of recording sessions and studio operations, including production and post-production
• Knowledge of the different technical recording equipment (incl. software and hardware)
• Experience with sound recording, mixing and mastering
• Technical knowledge of sound engineering techniques (e.g. Equalization)
• Networking and artist relations
Years of Experience
• +5 years of experience in recording engineers, mixing engineers, or producers
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.