Job description / Role
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The GE Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in a corporate function. Program duration is 10-12 weeks. The program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience.
Internship Period will be between June & August.
- During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where the intern can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him to the work environment
- Designing compelling content to create high quality graphic design for the Software platforms appropriate for the target audience, including but not limited to: Digital Display devices ,e-newsletters, blogs, social media posts and other marketing related output.
- Work on multiple number of internal assignments at the same time
- Liaise with stakeholders from across the organization to ensure requirements are gathered, timelines are met and the project is completed successfully
- Responsible for the timely and accurate production of design for digital media output in accordance with brand guidelines
- Perform administrative tasks as and when required
- Bachelors (3rd or 4th year) or Masters students in Computer/Information technology/Visual or Graphic Design
- Should be a student during the internship period. Students who already graduated earlier this year or graduating prior to the internship period will not qualify.
- GPA: Minimum 3.0
- Candidate must be studying in the same country as the location of the internship (as we do not provide sponsorship or visa)
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Must be fluent in English
A good knowledge of Adobe CS specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & InDesign
Knowledge / strong interest in Web / UI / UX
Understanding of digital and print design & current trends
Strong typography and layout skills
A keen eye for layout, colour and page composition
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.