Job description / Role
DPR2054 - Supervisor - Attractions
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai – a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story – whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
Responsible for the daily supervision of the attractions team(s). Leads work group on successful daily operation of assigned attraction(s). Prominent responsibility is to follow, monitor and promote all safety procedures of attraction with ride staff. Ensures staff gives great guest service while meeting capacity objectives of attraction. Works directly in the attraction with the team leading by example. Keeps attractions management staff informed of all attraction, guest, and employee issues and proactively works to improve the performance of the attraction and their assigned team. Opening and closing of the attraction ensuring safety checks, functional checks and follow up with all concerned departments to maintain the right ride presentation standards w.r.t. the theme, AV, graphics and ride experience. Ability to conduct on the job ride training for ride attendants, refresher trainings and conducting written assessment for certification. Administrate breaks, rotations and documents any time violations
• Opens attraction following all procedures and ensures operational readiness of both attraction and staff – maintains the logs
• Conducts daily briefings and tracks meeting minutes
• Ensures all show sets and elements are functional and documents any anomalies.
• Checks attraction presentation standards and documents any missing show elements, reporting them to the appropriate department and lets management know of any show critical errors
• Ensures all staff is in position and are meeting all wardrobe standards and are delivering consistent exemplary guest service
• Monitors all employee breaks and lunches and documents any lateness, absence, or anomalies.
• Completes daily paperwork and logs all work issues on appropriate forms.
• Completes all time and attendance paperwork for day’s operation and prepares any next day paperwork when appropriate
• Monitors queue line to ensure it is open to proper length and free of all hazards, trash and debris
• Spot checks ride safety procedures are consistently followed and adhered to.
• Responds to all guest situations in attraction, resolves any conflicts and documents for further review with the operations management team
• Maintains adequate staffing levels at all times and monitors staff rotation.
• Provides regular performance based feedback and uses feedback as basis for annual performance evaluations
• Closes attraction at end of day by following all procedures. Finishes all daily paper work and follows all attraction closing protocols. Prepares next day’s paperwork
• Maintains maintenance log(s) and ensures all issues are documented, reported to appropriate management and repaired
• Performs on the job training for staff including ride certification, written assessments for staff and on-going refresher training
• Conducting evacuation drills periodically as set by the management. Ensuring team is efficient and prepared for any possible situation.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
Are you a star ?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• Fluent in English
• Excellent Guest and employee services skills
• Proven team leader that works well in a fast paced, hourly goal driven environment
• Background in hospitality management
• Positive attitude, genuine smile
• 3 years previous supervisory experience in Service/ Entertainment/ Hospitality industry
• Leading a multicultural staff
• Adapting to changing work environment whilst keeping a positive attitude
• Hands on operational experience operating an attraction.
• Ability to handle conflicts and face difficult situations.
• Supervisory position leading staff in the hospitality industry,
• Detail oriented with exceptional documentation/paperwork skills
• Guest service; interacts in a positive manner and diffuses any negative guest situation following company protocols
• Fluent in Arabic
• College degree
• Safety skills training and certification
• IAAPA Certification 2 years supervisory experience at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction
• Opening of a new business in a supervisory roll
• Supervised large work groups Theme park or attractions supervisory experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills
The Best Part of the Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014