Job description / Role
DPR2055 - Supervisor - Entry Operations
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai – a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story – whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
Responsible for daily supervision of all areas of Entrance Operations and continuing focus on one or more areas including, but not limited to: Ticketing, Turnstiles, Group Sales, Annual pass Processing, Guest Services, and Rental Services. Works closely with the other DPR Entertainment & Leisure divisions and industry partners to ensure a high quality and consistent product in order to deliver a superior guest experience, maximize employee satisfaction, and ensure optimum results in terms of attendance and revenues, aligning with the vision, mission and values of the Leisure and Entertainment division. Opening and closing of the park requires functional checks and follow up with all concerned departments. Entry Operations are the first and last thing all guests will experience. Ability to conduct on the job training for entry operations attendants, refresher trainings and conducting written assessment for certification.
• Opens park daily following all procedures and ensures operational readiness of both entry operations staff and other departments – maintains the logs.
• Opens park at start of day in conjunction with daily park duty manager
• Conducts daily briefings and tracks meeting minutes.
• Ensures assigned area is operationally ready for arriving guests by assigned time.
• Monitors all employee hours including assigning timed breaks and lunches, ensuring that the operation is covered and all employee required breaks and lunches are issued in a timely manner. Documents any anomalies.
• Spot checks all cash handling procedures are being followed and any needed cash pulls are performed.
• Ensures all staff are in position, following set wardrobe standards and delivery exemplary guest service.
• Completes daily paperwork and logs all work issues on appropriate forms.
• Completes all time and attendance paperwork for day’s operation and prepares any next day paperwork when appropriate.
• Monitors quest arrival patterns and ensures all needed resources are being used to handle the guest traffic.
• Responds to any guest situations in which an entry operations team member needs additional assistance.
• Maintains adequate staffing levels at all times and monitors staff rotation.
• Provides regular performance based feedback and uses feedback as basis for annual performance evaluations.
• Closes park at end of day in conjunction with daily park duty manager.
• Maintains all daily paperwork for admissions area.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
• Performs on the job training for staff including area certification, written assessments for staff and on-going refresher training.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• 3 years previous supervisory experience in Service/ Entertainment/ Hospitality industry
• Hands on operational experience supervising a cash handling area and staff.
• Holding a diploma or certification in similar field.
• Supervisory position leading cash handling staff in the hospitality industry.
• Fluent in English
• Excellent Guest and employee services skills
• Proven team leader that works well in a fast paced, hourly goal driven environment
• Background in hospitality management
• Extensive Cash Handling Experience
• Positive attitude, genuine smile
• Adapt to a changing work environment
• Leading a multicultural staff
• Adapting to changing work environment whilst keeping a positive attitude
• Ensure department and its employees offer exemplary guest service
• Ability to handle conflicts and face difficult situations.
• Detail oriented with exceptional documentation/paperwork skills
• Guest service; interacts in a positive manner and diffuses any negative guest situation following company protocols
• Fluent in Arabic
• College degree
• Guest service skills training and certification
• IAAPA Certification 2 years supervisory experience in a cash handling area at a theme park, amusement park, water park or themed attraction
• Opening of a new business in a supervisory role
• Supervised large work groups Theme park cash handling supervisory experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal skills
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014