Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to supports and assist the Manager in the daily operation of the unit including standing in for them whenever necessary. Is responsible for food quality, guest service, cash handling and financial controls. Participates in on the job training to ensure that staff members consistently achieve the high standards demanded by LEGOLAND Dubai. Ensures that all sanitation and safety procedures are implemented and maintained.
Food Service Operations:
Oversees and coordinates the operational effectiveness of all assigned food locations. Implements and enhances high level of service, quality, and sanitation standards within the facility. Ensures that all guests are served in an efficient and friendly manner with children as a primary focus. Must understand and meet all guest expectations and can communicate positively to all guests and staff. Communicates daily operational and financial objectives to team members daily.
Training and Development:
Responsible for motivating, training, cross-training and developing the team. Provides positive and corrective feedback to all team members to improve performance output with the assistance of the unit Manager. Must train staff on food safety, HACCP, cash handling, guest service and general safety policies and procedures and share this knowledge with others daily.
Monitors labor hours and ensures that payroll reports are accurate. Responsible for the daily ordering and receipt of food and supplies if needed. Enters delivery invoices into system daily if needed. Monitors handling of cash and inventory control, referring any issues for investigation to the Manager or Duty Manager.
Implements and enforces all company and divisional policies and procedures. Gives assistance to the Manager in the implementation of progressive exemplary and disciplinary action in line with performance and policy regulations. Must be familiar with all HR documents regarding hiring, interviewing, coaching, counseling, internal transferring, promoting, performance evaluating and employee benefits.
Responsible for maximizing revenue and per capita spending goals within the assigned area on a day to day basis. Assists the Manager in monitoring cost controls in the areas of labor, food and other direct expenses ensuring that they are within budget. Controls ordering, waste and usage of all goods.
Safety and Sanitation:
Ensures that all staff are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements always. Oversees that all staff is knowledgeable and follows required Merlin Company, local and LEGOLAND HACCP guidelines. Must have ability to recognize and report any possible safety hazards to the Manager or safety representative.
Maintenance and Physical Plant:
In the absence of the Manager, responsible for initiating and following-up all maintenance and sanitation issues to ensure that all facilities are proactively maintained and in working condition.
Health & Safety:
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected through your work activities. To cooperate with and support the LEGOLAND Dubai Management to allow the business to fulfill its legal responsibilities through:
- Following reasonable instruction related to health & safety.
- Reporting dangerous situations or deficiencies in health & safety arrangements.
- To only use work equipment in accordance with training
- To not interfere or misuse anything provided for the purposes for health & safety.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- A secondary school or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- Requires at least 2 years of practical food service experience, preferably in a themed environment.
- Must be customer-service focused and have an understanding of customer expectations.
- Needs to have working knowledge of food quality standards, waste management, food excess and shortages, cash handling procedure and proper receiving, preparation and storage of food.
- Must have business-orientated personality and possess strong communication skills, both in a verbal and written format.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site and to interact with guests and other employees.
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg, and in some cases to do so repetitively.
- Ability to lift and move up to 12kg over your head occasionally
- Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
- Must conform to park wardrobe and grooming guidelines.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
RTC-1 Employment Services
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Team Admin / Office Manager
Food & Beverage Manager
Dubai Parks and Resorts