Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible to ensure the highest safety standards are achieved and maintained throughout daily operation of waterpark and in particular water based features/activities/slides/pools. In charge for overall performance of lifeguards, hosts, slide attendants in accordance with international water safety standards as well as standards stipulated by lifeguard license provider.
They will ensure that the company standards and values are met and developed through working relationships with all levels within the department. Supervisors to provide direction to the direct reports (Team Leaders and Front Lines). To implement procedures and training to nurture behaviour where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction. They will be expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency. Expected to take role of Team Leader or Front Line when needed.
- Exceed guest expectations through ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards.
- Supporting the Lifeguard Management Team in the organising and implementation of the training of the Waterparks lifeguard and host position teams to required standards within timeframes set.
- Working alongside key operational stakeholders of the waterpark facility to ensure all standards and KPI's are met.
- Liaise with Marketing/Revenue Management teams to communicate occupancy/offers etc.
- Contribute to Resort Dynamic Events, supporting the operational team as and when necessary.
- To promote LEGOLAND Dubai as an employer of choice.
- Assist Lifeguard Management Team in ensuring that staff working schedules are both fully covered and stay within budgetary constraints.
- Identify and plan for contingencies as required.
- Manage OPEX wages and line items to achieve budgets set.
- Communicate on a continual basis with Lifeguard Management Team and other senior managers to ensure best practice is achieved across the Resort.
- Monitor proposed and actual changes to current legislation and ensure company compliance (e.g. Health & Safety).
- Recommend and develop new products/ways of working to improve profitability.
- Use departments historical data and information to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Ensures recruitment is appropriate to business operation and continually monitors key indicators (turnover, absence etc) and ensure that, in liaison with other departments, we support and develop the team.
- Motivate, manage and develop the team in line with company standards and values.
- Promote a fun working environment.
- Apply positive performance management effectively throughout the team and minimise the challenges to the team.
Health & Safety
- Supervisors to assist in ensuring that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Requires operational experience of working within a waterpark environment at management or supervisory level with related customer service.
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of the creation and management of risk assessments, SOP's and EAP's within a waterpark or theme park environment.
- Self motivated and demonstrated initiative, with strong problem solving skills.
- History of supporting colleagues and staff, with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be customer service driven with an understanding of the needs of the guests.
- Requires the ability to make objective decisions quickly under stressful conditions, adapting to new demands and situations while remaining calm.
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required.
- Strong administration skills.
- Able to focus and prioritize.
- Fluent English in both oral and written.
- Previous work experience in Hospitality/Waterpark.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014