Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGOÂ® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
In this role you will be responsible for for the management of all cleaning services and related processes to ensure high standards of park presentation is maintained at all times, in line with company standards, thus will play a key role in the branded appearance of the product that we are all so proud of. Working closely with 3rd party contractors, the operations and Facility Management teams and departmental heads, they will manage practical organization of day to day cleaning operation ensuring perfect park presentation during operational hours as well as supporting other departments in the achievements of the same. Responsible for the Grounds department management in all aspects of the business. Responsible for the start-up processes at the pre-opening stage.
- To provide safest possible environment to staff within the park facilities.
- To manage the exceptional park presentation standards demanded of by the LEGOLAND Dubai product.
- To manage daily cleaning requirements of both: theme park and waterpark.
- To manage, service and audit all daily cleaning requirements through both internal operation and 3rd party contractors.
- Deliver at or below the agreed operating budgets for the Grounds team.
- Ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards by the Park Operations Manager and Director of Operations.
- Contribute to Park Dynamic Events, supporting the operational team as and when necessary.
- To promote LEGOLAND Dubai as an employer of choice.
- Responsible for relevant department budgets, reviewing forecasts monthly and compile and submit annually or as required.
- Authorise the issue of complimentary tickets or services when resolving guest complaints.
- Submit and manage future capital projects and expenditure to the Director of Operations.
- Identify and plan for contingencies as required.
- Manage OPEX wages and line items to achieve budgets set.
- Communicate on a continual basis with other senior managers to ensure best practice is achieved across the parks. ï‚§ Monitor proposed and actual changes to current legislation and ensure company compliance (e.g. Health & Safety).
- Absolute involvement in future theme park capital projects and implementation to ensure total project success.
- Recommend and develop new products/ways of working to improve profitability.
- Use departments historical data and information to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Set and agree individual department objectives in line with the business strategy and team development.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Preferable Bachelor degree or extensive specific experience in the leisure management industry for 5 or above years.
- Requires a minimum of three years experience in cleaning services with financial experience, preferably in Theme Park or Customer Service related industry.
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of the creation and management of risk assessments, SOP's and EAP's within a theme park environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative, with strong problem solving skills.
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014