Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGAT Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
In this role you are responsible to manage all aspects of the Outlet within the F&B department including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimizing profits and increasing sales. To ensure all Food and Beverage outlets operate successfully and are profitable as per budgetary guidelines. To ensure that the standard operating procedures and hygiene standards are maintained within the guidelines set.
- Assist the Restaurant manager on a daily basis in running the Food and Beverage operations.
- Supervise the processes put in place for efficiency and make sure the desired results are achieved.
- Motivate colleagues to achieve set targets for guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Proactively identify problems that could hinder the operations and take required action plans.
- Organize weekly meetings with line managers to monitor targets and operational issues and come up with action plans.
- Conduct employee appraisals in fair manner in the set time period.
- Prepare and present inputs related to organizational/ departmental/ project budgets to the next reporting line.
- Manage and control the actual cost verses budget on periodic basis and provide financial reports/data related to the department/ divisional/ project's financial performance.
- Ensure that team members are provided learning and career development opportunities by identifying successors within the team, preparing them for the next accountable roles and recommending them for external trainings whenever required in consultation with HR Department.
- Ensure that productivity and service delivery of the department is improved on continuous basis by keeping team members motivated and retained.
- Follow Company wardrobe and grooming guidelines at all times
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures with regards to behavior, performance and conduct whilst at work and when using Company accommodation and other provided facilities
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High School Certification
- Intermediate Food Safety Certification.
- Two year experience in a similar role.
- Worked on Cashiering Software System.
- Must be able to work with excel, word and do power point presentations.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a good team player and be able to perform in high pressure work environment.
- Worked in a busy entertainment facility with average attendance of more than 2000 guest per day.
- Flexible working hours
- Physically fit
- Must strictly adhere to all HR policies and procedures at all times.
- Must be able to train, coach, mentor colleagues.
- Should be able to conduct performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and performance management.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Restaurant Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
RTC-1 Employment Services
A Leading Group In UAE