Job description / Role
Supervisor - Seaport - Dubai
• Ensure proper utilization of resources and all Port related operational processes and procedures are being followed.
• Maintain correct and accurate documentation for Port related operational processes.
• Follow up on routine work at Port operations to ensure timely completion including substitute planning.
• Conduct QHSE trainings/ briefing for Port Employees.
• Plan for the required resources so that there is no shortage of manpower at the port at any given time.
• Prepare, maintain and execute the monthly/ Weekly roster for the employees deployed at Seaport as per the instructions provided by the seaport management.
• Maintain excellent business relations with the port authorities.
• Address client complaints and take corrective actions in liaison with concerned superior.
• Coordinate with the Port Superintendent / Time Keeper for manpower deployment and timely collection of attendance cards.
• Assist in preparation and verification of Time Sheets to process employee salary.
• Conduct regular meetings with client for resolving all operational matters.
• Provide on ground supervision for all employees working at port.
• To manage the on-ground operations of the Seaport including Ro-Ro, Containers Terminal and General Cargo and to ensure its smooth functioning at all times.
• Should have excellent communication skills
• Experience at seaport is a must
About the Company
The Dulsco story began in 1935 when Mohammed Khan Abdulla Mirza Abdulla, the father of the present Chairman of Dulsco, Abdul Aziz Mohammed Khan Abdulla, appointed some able-bodied men to row their dhows through the Dubai Creek to a British India Steam Navigation Company owned ship at anchor in the Arabian Gulf, and bring ashore its cargo of foodstuff and clothing. Our stevedoring service launched then is still one of the many services that we provide. We consider ourselves the oldest stevedoring company in Dubai.
By the 1970s and the opening of Port Rashid in Dubai, we were a full-fledged stevedoring company serving the port. We started providing more manpower services by the 80s and became one of the earliest human resource management companies in Dubai.
In the 90s we began providing manpower outsourcing services and later we added waste management and other services to our portfolio. In 2005, Dulsco became a limited liability company and expanded its services to include all the emirates and neighbouring Gulf countries and today is one of the foremost HR solutions provider and recruitment agencies in Dubai.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Customer Service & Logistics Supervisor (Supply Chain)
Getinge Group Middle East