Job description / Role
Air Arabia is first and largest Low Cost Carrier (LCC) in Middle East and North Africa.
We fly you to over 170 destinations spread across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. We offer our passengers a journey which is efficient reliable and offer great value for money across our network.
The millions of passengers who have chosen to fly with Air Arabia have helped us make a difference and set a mark in the aviation industry internationally. Air Arabia is the first publicly listed airline in the region providing the carrier an independent path to growth and profitability.
Air Arabia is not only committed to providing affordable air travel but is also dedicated to uplifting the lives of those who are less fortunate. Taking responsibility and lead on social needs of local and international communities has been part of our success.
To effectively manage Stores and Inventory control of aircraft parts, tools and equipment ensuring the adequacy and timeliness availability of needed components to secure the airworthiness of Air Arabia fleet and 3rd Party Aircrafts all in accordance with business requirements, GCAA rules and regulations, and Air Arabia policies, procedures and quality standards.
Key Result Responsibilities
* Manages daily stores and inventory activities ensuring all are performed, documented and recorded as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in managing technical requirements and human factors considerations.
* Supports the Head of Maintenance in developing, and maintaining a set of policies, operating procedures and adequate system for managing the storage and inventory daily work.
* Co-designs and defines the set of standards and measures related to compliance with commercial, quality, as well as regulatory bodies' agreed standards and procedures.
* Maintains an inspection system to record data of store activities, taking into consideration material shelf life, tools calibration, temperature and humidity control, especially in technical stores, 24/7 coverage of all stores functions, as well as timely reporting of all activities in accordance with agreed formats and circulation terms.
* Partners with Stakeholders in Engineering and Maintenance to ensure the adequacy and timely availability of necessary resources (manpower, facilities, components and spare parts, equipment, tools, etc.) to carry out planned and un-planned maintenance work.
* Monitors the stock level of frequently demanded items, such as wheels, batteries, oils, fluids etc. ensuring it is always as per agreed number.
* Manages the allocation and performance of the respective team to execute action plans in line with business operational needs and agreed targets.
* Supports the Head of Maintenance in managing, monitoring and evaluating the safety measures, facilities adequacy and cleanliness, storage conditions and needs, communication and overall performance of Stores.
* Supervises the execution of function related SLAs with manufacturers, vendors and suppliers in line with agreed objectives and KPIS;
* Assists the Head of Maintenance during the audit checks ensuring corrective measures (if any) are timely executed as per GCAA regulations and in accordance with approved quality standards.
* Works closely with the Head of Maintenance to identify and set the annual budget for the stores and inventory control operations and to cost-effectively manage the related expenditure.
* Educates and guides his/her team on how to comply with rules and regulations, formalities and procedures followed in carrying out maintenance tasks whilst monitoring and resolving any shortfalls that could potentially affect maintenance input and capability.
* Partners with Legal, Finance, HR and other cross-functional teams to carry out function-related work ensuring efficiency and timely delivery, this includes but is not limited to:
- Recruitment, training, annual appraisals, rostering, attendance control, claims, payments, etc.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
* Bachelor degree in Management/Administration/Accounting or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in a related field from a recognized institution combined with needed experience and exposure.
* Project Management certificate, alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
* Cost Control, Budgeting, Compliance, Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel is preferred.
* Fluent in English Language.
* Ability to obtain UAE Driver's License.
* 5+ years' experience in any industry, 3 years of which in a similar capacity in Airlines industry under Aircrafts maintenance management, with 2 years at least leading the Stores and Inventory Section.
* Has necessary working experience and exposure to GCAA aircrafts maintenance rules and regulations.
* Experienced in leading and developing a team with heavy work-load schedules.
* Good exposure to Commercial/Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit functional operations and practices related to and affecting aircrafts maintenance and components stores management.
* Experienced in designing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
* Cost-oriented, possesses effective negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.