Job description / Role
DPR2058 - Supervisor - Technical Entertainment
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai – a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story – whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The Supervisor – technical (audio, lighting, video, F/X, staging, rigging) is responsible for supervision and management of the technical execution of entertainment produced events & attractions. You will be working with the producers, directors, the creative team and entertainment management to maintain the creative, operational and technical integrity of the said entities.
• Responsible for management of technicians and supervision of entertainment produced events and attractions.
• Responsible to comply and ensure compliance of directed performance guidelines, techniques and methodology as established by Entertainment.
• Responsibilities may include but not be limited to: installation, programming, life safety, operations, and maintenance
• Maintain the artistic integrity of the entertainment production or event as approved by Entertainment Management
• Responsible for attendance, obtainment and adherence of specialized training, licenses or certifications as required by specific job delegation
• Supervision of crew for safe and effective preparation, execution and strike of technical elements in entertainment driven attractions and events within the property
• Capable of independent operation of all technical equipment in discipline of expertise
• Capable of supervised operation of technical equipment in other technical disciplines
• Participation and involvement in all technical and entertainment related duties as may be required for the operation of the attractions within the property
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policies, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Coaching & guidance of technical crew to ensure consistency in execution and delivery of technical elements
• Management of technical crew for unbiased scheduling, leave management and other administrative matters as required
• Responsible for asset management, including operational consumables and expendables accountability as required
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are you a star ?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• A recognised diploma or degree, preferably relevant to the field of work
• 4 years’ experience in a professional theme park, theatre or cruise line
• 6 years’ experience in an entertainment technical related workplace
• Proficient knowledge and confident operation of consoles in a minimum of 3 disciplines (Audio / Lighting / Video / Rigging / Automation)
• IT literacy with the ability to create and manage plots in the disciplines of lighting, audio, staging, etc
• Knowledge and proficiency in discipline related design, calculation and editing software (Pro Tools, CAD, WYSIWYG, Medialon, etc)
• Knowledge on networked audio, lighting and video systems
• Capability of production of essential work related documents (Daily Work Summary, Technical Show Reports, Incident Reports, etc)
• Interpersonal relationship skills
• Leadership qualities
• Certifications of further studies or educational upgrades relevant to the field of work
• Certifications for training, participation and licenses relevant to the field of work
• Certifications for training, participation and licenses related to HSE
• 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial position
• Programming on show control platforms
• Knowledge & proficiency in rigging and rope access
• Handling of pyrotechnics, fireworks, weapons and other special effects
• Design capabilities (Sound / Lighting / Pyrotechnics & Fireworks Design
• Flexible working hours
• Physically fit
• Flexibility to work in loud environments
• Able to work in tight spaces and environments
• Ability to work at heights
The Best Part of The Story:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Site Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Construction Company In Lebanon
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Facilities Supervisor - Property Development & Projects
HVAC Maintenance & After Sales Manager