Job description / Role
The Supply Chain Director is in charge of the overall leadership of the hospital's Supply Chain Department, which consists of Procurement and Warehouse divisions. They are Responsible to ensure the adequate availability of materials on a timely basis to all the hospital facility users, while optimizing the procurement and inventory levels.
- They will plan, organize, direct and control the resources necessary to achieve the objectives of the procurement and warehouse divisions including (but not limited to) budget, staffing, technology and vendors.
- The Supply chain director is also involved in working with the relevant department directors and Executive teams in the selection or recommendation of medical and non-medical purchases.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management or Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related Supply Chain field.
- CIPS or APICS Certifications are desired
- Six-sigma, lean and/or global experience is a plus
Experience Required in addition to the Qualifications mentioned above (Relevant to the Job):
- Minimum of 8-10 years of hospital Supply Chain management experience with a focus on process excellence and customer service
- Experience with ERP programs (enterprise level preferred)
Additional Requirements / Remarks:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead cross functional teams and drive projects to completion
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Supply Chain
Middle East Executive
Assistant Supply Chain Manager (Medical Devices)
Middle East Executive
|Abu Dhabi||30 Nov|
Head of Procurement
RTC-1 Employment Services
Supply Planning Manager
Nestle Middle East
Manager (Procurement Practice) - Boutique Consulting Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent