Job description / Role
About the Client:
- Market Leaders in manufacturing and distribution of food packaging solutions.
- To develop, agree and implement specific procurement processes and strategies to obtain best value for money and sustainable cost reductions from expenditure on goods and services.
- Manage relationships effectively and professionally with stakeholders within company to ensure strategic procurement processes meet business needs
- Create, influence, implement and manage commodity strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry & marketplace.
- Understand external market conditions and apply these to company's strategic procurement processes to ensure best value is achieved by the tender process
- Meet or exceed savings targets as agreed with the Head of Supply Chain Management & Worldwide Procurement
- Procure and manage a company spend portfolio
- Ability to solve issues and suggest/make improvements within the procurement and purchase process
- Be an expert in the tendering process, ensuring tenders are managed and evaluated professionally, and within the agreed framework.
- Expert in negotiation strategies and able to use them to full effect to gain best outcomes/results to maintain and/or improve the organizational competitive advantage.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Able to advise other team members on all areas of the procurement process
- Provide Strategic Contract Management expertise to business users ensuring SCM involvement in all strategic commercial and contractual matters.
- Consider partnering and collaboration as procurement strategy options, and engender these principles both internally and externally
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships. Develop a supplier relationship management strategy for all high risk/ high value suppliers.
- Attend all strategic supplier meetings, and develop supplier management strategies to improve performance
- Ensure compliance with local and international policies and legislation in order to avoid business exposure to litigation and representational risk.
- Comply and adhere to company’s financial and contractual delegated authority framework, and assist others in doing the same
- Clear communication to employees of relevant organizational and team aims and initiatives.
- Value for money delivered on all outputs. Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies
- Comply with and implement all company policies and procedures. Promote and implement company’s business plan.
- Act ethically and with integrity
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
AED 15,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Work experience in a similar capacity.
- Ideally from Consumer goods / Food and Beverage Industry
- Well versed with procurement process and Negotiation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Strong work ethic
- UAE Market knowledge
About the Company
Hiring the right talent is key to your company’s success. Southgate & Co aims to stand out in terms of service and quality with a hands on approach. We provide recruitment consultation services to clients and candidates in various sectors. Our aim is to build long lasting relationships and become an extension of your business, so that we work collaboratively with you as our client to ensure that you can achieve your vision.
We are constantly searching for suitable applicants in the Sales and Marketing domain in various sectors including among others; FMCG, F&B, Tech & Digital.
Contact Southgate & Co today to discover how we can map and enhance your next career journey.