Job description / Role
Supply Chain Manager - Beauty UAE- Fragrances, Makeup, Skincare, Bath&Body
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
What we are looking for;
Chalhoub is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to lead Demand & Supply Planners and Supply Chain Data Analysts to improve overall cash generation by minimizing missed sales opportunities, improving inventory performance and reduc ing SC operations costs within our fashion business in the GCC. In this newly created role, you will be entrusted and empowered to transform our Supply Chain organization in our journey to becoming a highly customer centric and cost-efficient company. You will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager of the Sub-Vertical within Beauty, General manager, the commercial teams, and cross functionally with other individuals across the organization. To be successful, you should have the skills and experience to navigate around the different complexities and nuances of our various business segments. You will be a key member of the Group Supply Chain organization who is expected to help in our Supply Chain transformation journey. In this regard, you will contribute in shaping our Supply Chain of the future by helping us set the right direction and priorities as well as bringing in and implementing best practices into the company. You should be very comfortable leveraging Supply Chain Management systems to routinely handle large volumes of data and you will develop systematic and robust technology-based solutions to routinely manage our KPIs. This role will suit someone who can influence without authority, someone who loves solving big Supply Chain problems, is intellectually curious, can get things done working cross functionally, can work with little direction, is experienced in leading within complex and nuanced business, all whilst not being overwhelmed by scale and speed
What will you do
- Responsible for Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning and Inventory Management & Fulfillment
- Develop and implement an effective S&OP process
- Responsible for managing suppliers and logistics service providers according to agreed SLAs
- Assortment Planning
- Sales & commercial planning analysis regarding markdown and price strategies
- Product Life Cycle Management & inventory control
- Develop, measure and continuously improve our key Supply Chain Planning KPIs
- Develop analytical solutions to improve Supply Chain metrics while accelerating to take decisions on commercial planning; increase efficiency while optimization on cost structure of Supply chain
- Develop customer analytics and predictive models for improve forecast quality
- Lead the transformation of the Supply Chain Planning operation in line with or ahead of the demands of our businesses
- BSc degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain Management and Business Management
- 6+ years' experience leading Supply Chain ideally within Fashion Retail for a multi-store, multi-channel business, Department Stores and Fashion Distribution
- Experienced in designing org structure, processes and roles for ideal supply chain environment
- 6+ years' experience leading, growing and developing supply chain team
- Experience using sophisticated Supply Chain Management systems for Sales Forecasting and Demand planning (SAP APO, Oracle, RMS, Slim4, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently
- Ability to deep dive into the details and build on your own
- Strong negotiation skills with suppliers, vendors and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of Incoterms and experience supporting vendor negotiations
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Intermediate)
- Communicating Effectively (Intermediate)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Advanced)
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Intermediate)
- Technical competencies required for the role
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics
- 6 years + experience managing Supply Chain Planning within Fashion Retail
- 6 years + experience leading, growing and developing teams
- Preferred skills such as Excel, SQL, Python, SPSS Statistics etc.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.