Supply Chain Officer
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC
Job description / Role
• Provide and process purchase requisition and purchase order for goods and services in a timely manner as required by company departments
• Secure additional information on departmental/office needs and may prepare recommendation on vending sources
• Examine and analyze departmental/project purchasing needs to set an effective procurement plan
• Participate in the development of specification for services, equipment, products, supplies or substitute materials
• Conduct meetings, prepare and present reports, and provide information to identify purchasing requirement, establish
• business plans and performance objectives, and report performance against plan and business objectives
• Routinely interpret company purchasing policy, process and procedures to provide recommendation about areas of consideration to the Procurement/Logistics Manager
• Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through RFQ process
• Help manage and track all company purchase with vendors and requestors including contract duration and expiration
• Seek new vendors who may qualify to do business with the company and identify vendors for purchasing
• Meet with vendors to negotiate improved pricing, product quality, and delivery
• Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposal; receive and analyze bids, quotes, proposals, and awards the contract
• Ensure updated vendor database and items master list
• Coordinate with suppliers and requestors for incomplete data or information
• Deal with forwarding companies/agents. Book shipments and coordinate with clients until consignments are received.
• Arrange shipment quotations and negotiate with the Forwarder
• Negotiate delivery time and coordinate with Operations Department
• Support client in Clearing, Customs, etc.
• Issue receipts and delivery orders
• Re-export of equipment
• Coordinate with Sales and Accounts Department
• Attend Category Managers meeting and understand their requirements
• Coordinate and collect all required data/information, analyze and update accordingly
• Aware of ERP system essential in terms of category management and work with ERP Specialists for implementation
• Continuously analyze and report monthly expenditure on each category and plan for category development
• Support Supply Chain Officers whenever necessary
AED 9,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Business Administration / Relevant Certificate
• 2-3 years’ experience in Supply Chain
• Proficient in MS Office Excel and Word
• Knowledge in ERP system
• Ability to generate reports and prepare presentations
• Negotiation and inter-personal skills
• Familiar with warehouse operation and inventory activities
• Understand the import-export of goods/services mechanism and documentation
• Aware of the regional regulations about export requirements and process
• Ability to prepare, analyze and understand feasibility study and market study updates
• Responsible for handling complex shipment by land/sea/air including transportation arrangement from origin to
• Very good command in English communication both written and verbal.
• Arabic and French would be an advantage.
About the Company
GRADE being the joint venture of GRASSO (GEA) and ADEAREST (TIG) is a leading global Group in Industrial Refrigeration. We design, engineer, install and maintain innovative Refrigeration components and systems for our customers in the MENA region for whom Industrial Refrigeration is an essential part of their primary process.
Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager (Food)
Middle East Executive
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
|Abu Dhabi||7 Apr|