Job description / Role
ASPIRE Leadership Development Program: Supply Chain Track - 2019 Opportunities (U.A.E)
What do you ASPIRE to be? Whether collaborating with customers to develop break-through technology, solving business challenges, leading at a wellsite, or working on digital analytics, we want you to be a part of BHGE’s innovation!
The Supply Chain track of our Aspire Leadership Development Program accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting challenges facing the Supply Chain and HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) functions. This two-year program consists of three rotational assignments in Supply Chain roles combined with formal classroom training, and a cross-functional, mission-based project, that allow members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training.
• Work on rotations and/or assignments in manufacturing, sourcing and materials management, quality and process improvement, HSE, oversight of BHGE operations for work at customer sites. Program members are also involved in strategic initiatives including our drive for LEAN Six Sigma.
• Participate in intentional and structured career development activities and receive active coaching and mentoring
• Complete formal training in LEAN Six Sigma and Supply Chain processes
• Contribute to business outcomes
• Network globally and cross-functionally, lead program initiatives or projects with peers; interact with global business leaders cross-functionally
• Solve critical business challenges through cross-functional, mission-based teams
• Opportunity to participate in international experiences/assignments
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need:
• A four year Engineering or Supply Chain degree completed within the last 24 months
• A GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
• To be geographically mobile (locations vary)
• Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
• Prior internship, coop or research experience in engineering, manufacturing or supply chain operations
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, integrity, critical thinking/analytical skills, agility/flexibility, a continuous learning mindset, a high “say-do” ratio (execute on your commitments), teamwork and collaboration, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, drive for results, and initiative.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.