Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
• Our Supply Planner manages and leads the validation of demand signals through data analytics. The use of historical data, statistical models, and forecast information from Sales, Marketing as well as business knowledge are key inputs to validating demand.
• Our Supply Planner is directly responsible for ensuring processes are in place to drive forecast accuracy and meet KPI’s.
Demand Planning Support:
• Review planning and forecasting outputs and communicate KPI's to relevant team members
• Work closely with Demand Planners to understand expected forecasts
• Assist in the development of the Demand Plan where needed; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
• Support demand team in the mitigation of specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant within the category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
• Support any action plans involving price adjustments
Inventory Management & Fulfillment:
• Develop and test different options for stock size, composition and age profile and recommend optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
• Implement inventory strategies based on cost benefit analysis as defined by the strategic objectives and goals
• Set KPI's that align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimization to attain short term and long term goals
• Lead supply planning efforts across functions to optimally fulfill business needs, including leading the S&OP process where required
• Identify supply constraints which are business critical and work with supply partners to try and improve them to enable improved planning, inventory and service levels
• Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
• Leverage order generation algorithms to ensure stock availability
• Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
• Communicate to all relevant stakeholders about adherence to agreed inventory levels to ensure maintenance of performance and immediate response to developing issues
• Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
• Develop suppliers to achieve capability levels required to support our business
• Secure supplier involvement in internal company initiatives where relevant (joint planning and stock management, new product development etc.) to give the business a strategic advantage
• Lead the specification and agreement of KPI's and SLA's with key suppliers ensuring legal compliance
• Conduct an assortment of negotiations to accomplish organization objectives
• Partner with Group Logistics and Group Legal to determine the appropriate standard Incoterms approach to use for each type of cargo and address any violations or code of ethics breach
• Manage the transportation of a portfolio of different cargo types including optimizing fleets and maintaining a distribution network
• Challenge selected methods of transportation and recommend alternative approaches
• Prepare back-up transportation routes to mitigate any potential risks
• Establish storage strategies and plans; set KPI's to ensure transactions, costs, and health and safety strategy expectations are met
• Optimize stock allocation in warehouses
• Select the appropriate options to maximize efficiency and service levels
• Ensure strategies, resources and business processes are developed and in place to accommodate inventory returns and ensure inventory planning adjustments are made accordingly
• Partner with internal stakeholders to identify secondary markets or disposal facilities for unsold goods
Cost Management & Analysis:
• Apply cost modelling techniques to internal flow of money and explain implications on revenue to management
• Implement financial analysis methods such as cost volume profit and cost/price models
• Identify, propose and, if required, implement agreed changes of portfolio mix in order to optimize the price/mix ratio
• Assess sources of supply and costs using multi-tiered supply chain costing approaches and apply them throughout the life of a supply agreement
• Identify and implement, where required, opportunities to reduce cost and/or supply risk
• Assess macro-economic factors impacting the costs of products and follow trends to identify potential issues and opportunities
• Leverage market data to analyze any type of external risk (macro-economic risks, foreign exchange risk) and recommend action plan to mitigate risks
• Design a framework on the acceptable levels of risk for the business in coordination with the business leadership
Supply Chain Operational Excellence:
• Support the role of audit and financial compliance in all operational activities
• Develop and implement plans to ensure compliance
• Construct basic agreements including relevant terms and conditions and governing legal framework (recognizing they will need final approval by legal experts)
• Interpret legal aspects that impact supply and anticipate where violations may occur
• Provide advice to team on legal implications but also recognize when to seek expert legal counsel
• Guide and direct the SC team regarding participation in projects to enable their contribution to deliver projects within agreed timelines and budget
• Define the quality checks and balances for the processes to secure reliable item supply and for the conformance of the supplied items
• Secure agreement for the critical KPI's and constantly drive for improvements
• Support and advocate data management, controls and data mining applications and systems
• Leverage business intelligence tools to develop non-routine information from the manipulation of data and I have the statistical understanding and can use appropriate techniques to determine the business significance of the information derived
• Develop new business intelligence reports, trend charts and limit controls
Supply Chain Planning:
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish KPI's for network
• Lead complex design and optimization studies and implementation
• Perform basic activities to manage the space at the location using siloed solutions (e.g. Excel, Access, CAD, etc.)
System Capabilities & Technology:
• Submit new business requirements to tech team regarding systems and tools
• Provide direction on significant deviations from the use of organizational systems
• Utilize available systems according to the needs and demand of the business
• Great understanding of each of the major Incoterms
• Understand how international trade works and knowledge of the ICC governing body and its official guidelines and terminologies
• Working experience with space optimization techniques
• Great understanding of the various techniques of handling inbound and outbound cargoes
• Understanding of multi-tiered supply chain costing models
• Great knowledge of macro-economic factors
• Basic knowledge of network design parameters and counterbalancing metrics
• Comprehensive understanding of network optimization frameworks and software capabilities
• Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
• Good understanding of major project management methodology
• Able to lead cross-functional/organizational project teams
• Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
• Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
• General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
• General awareness of demand planning systems used within the business
• Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus
• 2+ years of experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance.
What we can offer you
• We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
• We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
• If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.