Job description / Role
Location: Dubai, UAE
At Nestle MENA we have the opportunity for an ambitious Supply Planner to join the Culinary team with a background in factory operations. This role will be responsible for end to end Production Planning for a few factory lines in the UAE, and for our contract manufacturers around the MENA alongside the Supply Planning.
The Supply Planner will be responsible for end to end supply for the Culinary Portfolio, managing a broad range of supply chain processes as well as working with internal customers to drive accuracy to ensure appropriate replenishment volumes.
It calls on an individual who can build effective relationships, has exceptional communication skills and work proactively to individuate efficiencies and innovations.
Does the above sound like you? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
A day in the life of
- When you start your day, from the office or home, the first order of business is to check in with the Demand Planners across the 19 countries in MENA to ensure you have the correct forecasts to ensure you have the correct Supply Plan matching customer service level ambition with optimum working capital and lowest possible cost.
- You then begin networking with the factory to give them the Production Plan to ensure they are on track with the planned production plan.
- Once you have completed your morning calls, you email our 3 rd party contract manufacturers to get updates from them about their current level of stock pre-mixes and plan the supply of any shortages they may face in the future.
- After lunch, it is time to check in with the Innovation and Renovation responsible for new products and SKU's to manage lot sizes, cycle times and R&P inventory levels: responding to market needs and ensuring product freshness.
- At the end of the day, you take on the hat of a Youth ambassador and partner with our Employer Branding team to work on and internal campaign that highlighting exceptional Youth we already have within the company to celebrate the great examples of how we bring our commitments to life.
What will make you successful
- You'll come from a Supply Chain background with experience ideally in an end to end planning role with technical factory planning experience too.
- You'll have a strong problem-solving mindset, as well as the ability to challenge and improve existing processes.
The role involves working with large teams and interacting with people of all levels; both from Nestle and our 3rd party contract manufacturers hence you'll be required to be an effective influencer and communicator. With excellent numeracy and analytical skills, you'll also demonstrate a strong applied understanding of software applications e.g. SAP & Microsoft Office. Your excellent teamwork and communication skills will be accompanied with a self-motivated attitude and flexible approach.
This is a great opportunity to work within a talented and dedicated team, in what will be a challenging role. In return we will offer you all the support and guidance necessary to succeed in role.
We are Nestle, the largest food and beverage company. We are 308,000 employees strong driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Our values are rooted in respect: respect for ourselves, respect for others, respect for diversity and respect for our future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic inclusive international working environment with many opportunities across different businesses, functions and geographies, working with diverse teams and cultures.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.