Supply Planner - Watches and Jewellery
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
Demand Planning Support:
- Review planning and forecasting outputs and communicate KPIs to relevant team members Work closely with Demand Planners to understand expected forecasts
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan where needed; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Support demand team in the migration of specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant within the category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Support any action plans involving price adjustments
Inventory Management & Fulfilment:
- Develop and test different options for stock size, composition and age profile and recommend optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Implement inventory strategies based on cost benefit analysis as defined by the strategic objectives and goals
- Align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimisation to attain short term and long term goals
- Lead supply planning efforts across functions to optimally fulfil business needs, including leading the S&OP process where required
- Identify supply constraints which are business critical and work with supply partners to try and improve them to enable improved planning, inventory and service levels
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Communicate to all relevant stakeholders about adherence to agreed inventory levels to ensure maintenance of performance and immediate response to developing issues
- Secure supplier involvement in internal company iniaves where relevant (joint planning and stock management, new product development etc) to give the business a strategic advantage
- Manage the transportation of a portfolio of different cargo types including optimising fleets and maintaining a distribution network
- Challenge selected methods of transportation and recommend alternative approaches Prepare back-up transportation routes to mitigate any potential risks
- Establish storage strategies and plans; set KPIs to ensure transactions, costs, and health and safety strategy expectations are met. Particularly as there are high value goods.
- Optimise stock allocation in warehouses
- Select the appropriate options to maximise efficiency and service levels
- Ensure strategies, resources and business processes are developed and in place to accommodate inventory returns and ensure inventory planning adjustments are made accordingly
Cost Management & Analysis:
- Implement financial analysis methods such as cost volume profit and cost/price models
Supply Chain Planning:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish KPIs for network Lead complex design and optimisation studies and implementation
- Perform basic activities to manage the space at the location using siloed solutions (e.g. Excel, Access, CAD, etc.)
What you'll need to succeed
- Great understanding of each of the major Incoterms
- Understand how international trade works and knowledge of the ICC governing body and its official guidelines and terminologies
- Working experience with space optimisation techniques
- Great understanding of the various techniques of handling inbound and outbound cargoes
- Understanding of supply chain costing models
- Great knowledge of macro-economics factors
- Basic knowledge of network design parameters and counterbalancing metrics
- Comprehensive understanding of network optimisation frameworks and software capabilities
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology Able to lead functional/organisational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organisation's system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the business Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.