Job description / Role
This position is for a C17 Field Services Support Equipment Technician to coordinate the maintenance and calibration of Support Equipment in the United Arab Emirates. The position will initially be based near Dubai and will transition to Abu Dhabi when new facilities have been completed.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• The successful applicant will coordinate maintenance requirements and will plan, research, develop, analyze and retrofit repair solutions that comply with customer, regulatory, and Company requirements.
• They will also define the procedures, special tooling, kit requirements, work packages, and material requirements for accomplishment of inspections, modifications, improvement changes, and repairs of delivered products.
• They will plan and coordinate modifications, maintenance, and repair of enterprise products and assist engineering staff in planning and incorporating improvements.
• Responsible for assisting project development, planning, implementation, management, and technical support activities related to Support Equipment maintenance, modifications, calibration, proof load test and repairs per established customer, regulatory, and company requirements.
• Will also review and recommend projects and proposals for aircraft support equipment modification.
• Required to manage moderately complex or multiple projects, and develop, coordinate and forecast requirements.
• Will monitor project performance and risks and take necessary corrective action.
• A highly energetic, skilled professional is required to fill this position supporting the 24/7 operations of the United Arab Emirates C-17 fleet.
• The successful applicant will also be required to assist in the planning and the execution of the move from the current operating location to the new location in Abu Dhabi.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Field Services
• Influences Others
• Provides Technical Support
• Scheduling Requirements
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Do you have a basic trade qualification as a support equipment technician
Do you have the ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities?
High school diploma or equivalent and typically 5 or more years' experience in maintenance of Aerospace support equipment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Field experience in supporting military airlift is highly desirable. Experience working with International customers would be an advantage. Familiarity with the Arabic culture preferred
Other job related information
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position located in the United Arab Emirates. Please, list all countries of citizenship you hold. Incumbent must be able to periodically travel, principally in the Middle East but possibly elsewhere as dictated by job requirements. Benefits and pay will be determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing US-based payroll, and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE Law. The employment is subject to the candidate's ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities and to obtain a UAE Security Clearance. The job requisition can be closed early depending on the suitability of the candidates.
About the Company
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. In the UK, we employ people across numerous sites, and were growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, Armed Forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 75 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world's most inventive technology partners.
We offer many career paths in fields such as engineering, aircraft assembly, communications systems, maintenance and defence equipment, and manufacture and supply of aerostructure components.
Join us and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.