Job description / Role
• Manage the mob/demob of survey equipment to/from projects.
• Assist and advise in the purchasing of new equipment.
• Keep up to date of new developments in survey equipment.
• Training of surveyors in installation, interfacing and maintaining survey equipment.
• Maintaining the survey equipment calibration certificate master file.
• Manage the Survey Workshop (assistant survey electronics engineer, survey electronics assistant).
• Installation and troubleshooting of survey equipment, hardware and software.
• Work according to defined policies and procedures for effective, efficient and professional functioning of the survey division.
• Work according to the QA/HSE requirements and procedures.
• The work area is NMDC Base and NMDC projects.
• Promote and ensure compliance with Organization’s Health & Safety policies.
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times, you will be asked to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
• B.Sc or Diploma in Electronics or equivalent professional qualification.
• Certification / Membership: Additional certifications and affiliations in Survey would be beneficial
• Accuracy and ad hoc details in complex Project Survey Managemt Tasks.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver multiple concurrent activities within agreed deadlines and to agreed standards
• Ability to Challenges the way things are done to improve Survey Department effectiveness and encourages team to do the same.
• High level knowledge of survey and marine equipment.
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.
Project Engineer - Electronic Security
Abu Dhabi Ports
Electrical Engineer - Fit out Construction (Aviation)
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Facility Engineer and DLP
Field Service Engineer