Job description / Role
What we are trying to do:
- Deliver diverse Digital Asset Management projects, covering anything from implementing innovative uses of new technology, formulating national guidance, providing strategic direction for asset management policy and using data and analysis tools to develop works programme
- Transform and grow the Middle East region approach to asset management across the transportation, buildings, energy, defence and power sectors
- Guide clients through solving some of their most complex challenges by providing a unique combination of management consulting, technology, and engineering expertise
- Aging assets, funding shortfalls, evolving government priorities and emerging disruptive technologies; infrastructure owners and operators are facing a multitude of challenges.
- Clients are increasingly leveraging multi-disciplinary experts utilizing a solutions-driven approach and a solid foundation in engineering practices to meet their organization's challenges
What we are looking for:
Digital Asset Management Survey Manager to support our clients in the Middle East Region with the survey and data collection across a wide range of portfolio types. The role will work with the MEA dAM business unit of Atkins, as well as the Global dAM team at Atkins to support a engineering and technology-based approach to asset condition surveys.
This role will deliver surveys across broad markets and offerings, but a focus will be put on Transport (Aviation, Highways), Energy, Buildings and Water from a market perspective. The collected survey data will be leveraged by Atkins and client organisations to support in understanding the as-is condition of assets, the immediate intervention options available and the future investment requirements at all levels of the asset hierarchy.
As part of our growth strategy, we are investing in our digital Asset Management (dAM) capabilities as well as partnerships that allow us to bring new offerings and delivery models to our clients. This encompasses software applications, system integration services and managed services.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Working with the central dAM team and account directors to formulate key delivery plans
- Part a leading presence in the Asset Management ecosystem, establishing strong relationships with clients that you work with.
- Work directly with clients to improve their asset data collection methods, processes and technologies.
- Manage all asset condition survey initiatives, across multiple projects and multi-disciplinary project teams
- Lead the detailed planning of surveys, coordinating schedules with clients and survey teams
- Independently perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, document findings and present project outcomes
- Should be delivery focused with a hands-on approach, detail-orientation and ability to translate that into successful implementation
- Customer driven with a focus on providing a professional service
- The ability to communicate fluently and concisely
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a high-performing multi-skilled team
- A balanced and positive attitude
- Ability to think 'disruptively' and challenge the status quo
- A comprehensive understanding of asset management and the challenges organizations face with introducing business change to improve management practices
- Familiarity with national and international asset management practices and standards (ISO55000/PAS55) and regional references such as building codes and civil Defence requirements
- Proven experience in a comparable role
- An ability to bring innovative approaches to client problems
- Bachelor's degree (or similar) in relevant Engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, Civil)
- 10+ years' experience in directly relevant endeavors with a broader engineering background
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).