Job description / Role
• Display thorough knowledge of Japanese cuisine and know how to handle the different ingredients
• Accurately and efficiently prepare the highest quality of sushi for the guests, compiling consistently with the standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
• Ensure the highest hygiene and safety principles are observed in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
• Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material, and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense
• Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines
• Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies
• Prepares all food items, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
• A minimum 2 years’ experience in kitchen preparation and line cook experience and know how to cut different types of fish and prepare the different types of rolls
• Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Available to work on call, shifts, after hours, over weekends and on public holidays
About the Company
Sharing a culinary journey, one restaurant at a time
The AWJ Tradition of Service
Two decades of excellence is a hallmark of AWJ Investments.
A benchmark for the Group, inspired by the top management who boast an experience of over twenty years in the Middle Eastern Food & Beverage industry – managing restaurants, balancing flavors and preparing quality, authentic food.
Serving flavors from around the world with a dash of Levant spices, AWJ creates a range of home-favorite restaurants that still hold a flair for global tastes.