Job description / Role
Strive to exceed Guest expectations and take the Culinary team from good to great. Always act in a professional manner using the company's Mission, Vision and Values.
What is in it for you:
- Be a part of the Fairmont Flagship Hotel in the Middle East
- Experience the hustle of a dynamic, fast paced hotel located in the heart of the City's commercial district
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct daily shift briefings in absence of Pastry Chef.
- Promote a fun, professional and disciplined work environment.
- Lead by example using Fairmont's Mission, Vision & Values.
- Support, coach, lead and motivate Colleagues.
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits.
- Ensure all culinary Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations.
- Promote Health and Safety at all times.
- Ensure proper hygiene as per Dubai Municipality.
- Ensure all grooming, spot check, and temperature control sheets are filled as required.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers.
- Minimize wastage and spoilage.
- Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary Colleagues.
- Liaison daily with Pastry Chef to keep open lines of communication and Guest feedback.
- Strive to maintain and improve all food preparations and presentations.
- Participate in monthly EOS committee meetings to address Colleague EOS issues.
- Strives to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality.
- Act as an extension of Kitchen Managers to communicate food consistency & quality.
- Daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards.
- Strive to develop as a Leader by attending training.
- Assign and follow-up tasks as dictated by business volumes.
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the Department Head.
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- With 5 years of culinary experience in a 5 star luxury hotel environment.
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong supervisory and communication skills.
- Food Hygiene and Safety trained.
- Enthusiastic and with outgoing personality who is very guest driven.
Your team and working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Fairmont DBI. Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.