Job description / Role
Reporting to the Pilot recruitment Manager, the Full-Time Synthetic Flight Instructor will be responsible for conducting pilot simulator evaluations for the flydubai' s recruitment team, where needed provide assistance in interviewing pilots during the assessment / upgrade programme.
- Evaluate new hire candidates in simulator to ensure that the pilots meets flydubai standards
- Provide feedback where needed on candidate performance to crew check and training department to enhance candidate performance
- Act as Subject Matter Experts for the development and maintenance of Courseware to support all pilot training. This is significant to ensure we maintain relevant and compliant training material.
- Administer company and regulatory ground examinations for Initial, Conversion and Recurrent Ground Training for all pilot courses.
- Evaluate and document pilots performance during training. Ensure accurate progress reports are filed on trainee progress.
- In coordination with SVP Flight training and Manager Ground Instructor, ensure suitable remedial training is administered, and tailored to the individuals needs.
- Conduct and then document the results of the required training on the simulators and flight training devices as described in the relevant OMD1
- Develop and maintain the "Differences Lists" between the simulators and the latest fleet modification status.
- Develop and maintain the "Differences Lists" between the Type Rating CBT course ware and the latest fleet modification status.
- Support and assist the recruitment team in Selecting Competent, Skillful, Knowledgeable Pilots with Corrective Attitude
Minimum Qualifications / Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- Each SFI candidate must satisfy the requirements specified in the GCAA regulations for the issue of an SFI authorization
- Each SFI candidate must have 3000 hours of total flight time experience, including 1500 hours as a pilot on multi-pilot aircraft
- 2 years previous Instructional experience
Knowledge / Skills
- Well-developed communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate technical and functional skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work unsupervised
- The Full Time SFI Candidate should have delivered instruction on the B737-NG in the last 12 months
- Relevant experience demonstrating the ability to prepare a lesson plan, interpret and present technical material
- Each SFI candidate must satisfactorily complete a conversion training program for the type aircraft in which he will serve as an SFI.
- Each SFI candidate must be line familiar. This requirement may be fulfilled by completing jump seat observations on two line segments in the applicable aircraft type every 6 months
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing others
- Decision Making
About the Company
Dubai-based flydubai strives to remove barriers to travel and enhance connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network. Since launching its operations in 2009, flydubai has:
- Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 44 countries.
- Opened up 62 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- Operates a single fleet type of 58 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and will take delivery of more than 100 aircraft by the end of 2023.
In addition, flydubai's agility and flexibility as a young airline has enhanced Dubai's economic development, in line with the Government of Dubai's vision, by creating trade and tourism flows in previously underserved markets.